Recent Posts

StacysMom
on 8/18/11 4:38 pm
Topic: RE: East Valley Meeting
 OMG!  This is the MOST horrible news!  I have been reading this girl's blog for years!  She was SO excited about finally getting the DS and starting her new life!  OMG!  OMG!  OMG!!

Thanks for the info.  I was worried when I saw that Dr. Juarez was doing her surgery, because he barely has any DS experience and it was a revision on top of it!   I wish she had gone to Kesheshian or that even Husted would have been better because at least they both have revision to DS experience, although Husted has been kinda flakey lately.  

OMG, that poor girl!
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 4:25 pm - Chandler, AZ
 Yes. She was scheduled to have her surgery on Aug. 3 with Dr Hustead. He was a no show. Dr Juarez agreed to do her surgery. She had it on Aug. 11. Passed away on Aug. 13. 
So far the cause of death is unknown. Her boyfriend said when she came out of surgery her heart rate was elevated and they had a hard time bringing it down. She was in a lot of pain. THis continued for a day. They then decided to open her up and see if there was a issue. When they got her on the table she coded and they were unable to revive her :(
Autopsy was done Aug. 17 so we should know more soon.
StacysMom
on 8/18/11 4:18 pm
 I just read Stephanie's blog and there are all these posts in the "comments" section of her last post from about a week and a half ago, saying "RIP Stephanie" -- did something happen to her?   Anyone know?
Missy52
on 8/18/11 5:04 am
Topic: Gaining
I had RNY in 2006 and lost 136lbs, in the last 2yrs i have regained 70lbs back! I have been to the doctor to see what is actually going on because i do excersize 5 days a week for at least 1hr, i dont eat the best and i can eat just like i did before surgery which scares me, my doctor did an upper gi and said my pouch was still small but i dont get how i can eat so much if its still small. anyhow I am looking for some type of support or advice on my situation or if anyone has ever been in my place and relost without doing any revisions. I have a friend who has lost 90lbs in the last 9months just by excersizing and eating better, but she is excersizing almost 4hrs everyday and there is no way i can do that! How do you fight the urge to eat sweets? If i could get that under control i know i would do better.
moving-on
on 8/17/11 3:09 pm - Rimrock, AZ
Topic: RE: Valley of the Sun Meet & Greet?
I think it would be just great. would love to meet some fello wls folks. I live up north and there are no support groups close by and am hoping to put something together.
Let me know if you get other interest and I will help you put something together.
Debbie
Moving on to better health        
Mr Mom
on 8/17/11 3:06 pm
Topic: RE: AZ Weight Loss solutions closing end of Aug
Your in luck!
One of the Top Abdominal Surgeons in the nation is right here in the Phoenix metro area. My surgeon, Dr Daniel Fang practices out of St Luke's Hospital and heads up the Bridges Program for surgical weight loss solutions. I highly recommend Dr Fang but I do NOT vouch for any of the other surgeons in the office. Dr Fang's track record is long and spotless.
I'm a VSG patient but I know they do a lot of band folks too. Give them a shout!... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

Tan_is_ready
on 8/15/11 11:14 pm - AZ
Topic: Newbie!
Hi, I am just at the beginning of this process. My consulation isn't until October with Dr. Schuster. I have been considering surgery for two years. I started the process in Mn and decided to wait because my family was planning a move to AZ. I didn't want to get the surgery and couldn't get my follow up appointments covered. I know I have a long process ahead of me. The longest wait is insurance authorization. Can't wait to get to this point. I am happy to find others I can talk to for support on my journey. I look forward to chatting with you all.
Betty S.
on 8/15/11 9:37 am - Mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: What are the best summer protein choices ?
sorry for the long delay, I don't come here too often because there just isn't much traffic.

yes, I click every day!  I mix it with vanilla protein powder, because by itself click isn't  too high.  But boy, it makes a GREAT milkshake!

Mr Mom
on 8/15/11 1:27 am
Topic: Valley of the Sun Meet & Greet?
So who's up for a meet and greet for AZ weight loss folks?
You can be either pre-op or post-op, a patient or a family member, or just a friend. I see several OH members from other states having these gatherings and they look like great fun. I'd be happy to help organize the event if we can get at least a handful of folks that want to attend. It doesn't have to be anything big or elaborate. Hey, it can even be held in-doors away from the heat!  Let me know what you think all you folks from the Phoenix metro & surrounding areas....
Craig (Avondale)

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

Most Active