Recent Posts

lostin2010
on 8/31/11 11:31 pm, edited 8/31/11 11:32 pm
Topic: RE: Gaining
Hi Missy....this post coudlve been written by me!  My RNY was in 2005, I dropped 158lbs only to have a regain of 70lbs within the past 3 years.  I have been struggling with thyroid issues which caused part of the regain...but I know my complacency with food and inactivity is what did the major damage.  It took me all this time to finally come to terms that if I didnt change my 'whatever' attitude I would eventually regain EVERY pound and more if I didnt stop this destructive pattern.  So it was time to go back to the gym...eliminate carbs...add more protein, fruits and vegetables...and so it begins....I have given myself a 30 day goal....Im seeing a little bit of a difference already and I know I can do this (again)....you can too!  ~Debra~
Donna226
on 8/29/11 5:25 pm
Topic: RE: AZ Weight Loss solutions closing end of Aug
thank you for the info!!

ginau
on 8/29/11 12:19 pm - mesa, AZ
Yes ,,

3rd Saturday of the month.. at the medical building adjacent to Tempe St Lukes hospital.
 Dr Schlesinger attends 95% of the meetings and is always  willing to answer questions, concerns.

come join us sometime..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Donna226
on 8/28/11 10:27 am
What support group? I had my surgery in Mexico but need local support. Is this group open
to anyone or just that group's patients? Please send info. I live in Mesa and Sat meetings
would be great for me.

Thanks,
Donna

greenolive
on 8/27/11 6:13 am
Topic: RE: .
There is one based out of the hospital.  I think they advertise their meetings in the paper. 
RSReed53
on 8/23/11 11:54 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Where is Dr. Steven Simon?
I am so sorry you had problems with your care.  Dr. Simon has been nothing but the best to me--I feel he let me down, too.  The 2 docs he referred to in his letter are not contracted under AHCCCS, and I REFUSE to go to Tempe to see Schlessinger.   Schlessinger cares NADA about patients!  I would think more issues are at hand that force the abrupt leave--My appt with Dr. Simon is Aug 31.  I am not going to let my care slip--I have to be proactive.  It is a terrible loss to Phoenix. 
Ronda S. Reed, M. Ed.    
RSReed53
on 8/23/11 11:44 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Where is Dr. Steven Simon?
Dr. Simon is my Guru! 

However, I am sad to say this clinic is closing Sept 1 and Dr. Simon is leaving Phoenix.  In Dr. Simon's letter, he stated that management with Desert Ridge was at odds so the clinic is closing.  I am disappointed in him because he really saved my life on May 31st!  Referral to either Juarez or Fang is really a slap because I don't think Mercy Care is contracted with either of them, and I REFUSE to even consider Schlessinger!!  I think maybe personal issues may have crept up for Dr. Simon to leave Phoenix.  He is the smartest man I know in this weight loss surgery protocol.  I entrusted Simon to see me through my loss, and expected him to do it.  Now, I feel let down.  The other two docs are fine, but they don't know me and my case as Dr. Simon does.  He told me 4 yrs ago I needed revision surgery, and 3 months ago Dr. Simon operated on me. 
Ronda S. Reed, M. Ed.    
Band to DS
on 8/20/11 9:59 am, edited 2/3/12 10:42 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Blackstone...FYI
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

ginau
on 8/18/11 6:03 pm - mesa, AZ
Your more than welcome to come to the Tempe Support  group... 3rd Sat on the month 1-230 pm

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 4:46 pm - Chandler, AZ
Topic: RE: East Valley Meeting
 It was such horrible sad news! I don't even know what to say anymore  She was so young!

Most Active