Recent Posts

20candy07
on 10/20/11 4:08 am - Tolleson, AZ
Topic: RE: Has Anyone on AHCCCS Been RECENTLY Approved for VSG?
Arizona's Physician's approved at first request for my son.

lauriv
on 10/18/11 1:34 pm
Topic: RE: Husted
 He was in AZ then took off again at the end of July!

~ Lauri

cpinck
on 10/18/11 11:18 am - Henderson, KY
California??  He's moved again?  Last I heard, he was in Arizona.
lauriv
on 10/18/11 9:32 am
 California

~ Lauri

cpinck
on 10/17/11 1:33 am - Henderson, KY
Topic: Husted
Where is Dr. Husted at these days?
scalingback1
on 10/15/11 1:31 am - Mashpee, MA
Topic: RE: Gaining
Hi Missy,
I see you wrote this some time ago and I am wondering how you are doing?  I had my RNY 15 months ago and my weight is just now stabilizing.  I am very afraid that the next step will be gaining some back.  I don't know anyone who can keep up exercising 4 hours a day! Hats off to your friend.   I also have a problem with sweets and although I can't eat them like before, I can eat some and they are my downfall.  I do have a plan though.  I find that if I eat my protein first (as we all know we should :)  ) I am full enough to give me the ability to fight the urge for foods I know can lead to weight gain.  For me that is slider foods like crackers and low sugar ice cream.  Amazing how easily they go down!  Since you admit that your eating is not the best, that seems like a good place to start.  Many of the people I read about who are successful admit to having to stay away entirely from their "trigger foods".  I do find that if I can stay away from my trigger foods (carbs), after about three days it gets MUCH easier. 
If you are all ready exercising an hour a day that's fabulous!  Maybe mix things up a little- riding a bike sometimes if you're a walker.  Walking faster for short bursts.
I would be happy to be a cheer leader if you would like one, just send me a friend request.
Best of luck to you!
Paula

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

LessieBelle
on 10/10/11 11:42 am
Topic: RE: WLS Friendly/knowledgable PCPs??
Try Dr. Merzenech - she was on the list from Scottsdale Bariatric.  Her office is near Dobson and Chandler.  Her PA - Nicole - is also WLS friendly.

Good luck!@

338 / 313  / 194/ 189
HW / SW /  CW / Goal   

beckipoohbear
on 10/3/11 8:47 am - AZ
Topic: WLS Friendly/knowledgable PCPs??
Hey all,

It's been forever since I've posted on here but I have just relocated to the Phoenix area from rural AZ and I am looking for a new primary care physician.  I was hoping some of you might have recommendations of some docs that are wls friendly and/or knowledgable.  Preferably in the East Valley but I'm willing to drive for a good doc.

Thanks and I hope all of you are doing well on your individual weight loss journeys.

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Dannielle H.
on 9/28/11 9:57 am
Topic: DSers in the Phoenix area... I need HELP! :)
Hey everyone,

I don't post on here much anymore, but I can always depend on you all when I need some help!

I just moved to the Phoenix area and I need a GOOD PCP. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd like someone who is familiar with the DS and how it works, as I'm tired of being looked at like I'm nuts when I try and explain how it works. I'm having some major issues I need to get addressed, and in order to do so, I need a good doctor!

Thanks in advance! :)

Dannielle
**Dannielle**
 HW: 636 / SW: 615 / CW: 247

hlacy
on 9/27/11 6:36 am - Chandler, AZ
Topic: RE: New to the area
I recommend my surgeon, Dr. Robin Blackstone. She is currently the President of the national ASMBS. She is a pioneer in bariatric surgery. She is located in Scottsdale at Shea and the 101, not too far from you. 
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Most Active