Recent Posts

Ann M.
on 10/29/11 9:09 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: You're all invited to our Christmas Party
The Sun City Group would like to invite you all to our Christmas Party.  It's being held at the Royal Cafe which is in the shopping center between 107th & 108th Avenue at Grand.  They have good food, some low cal, low fat and very good prices.  The date is December 10tj at 11:00 a.m.  We do have an ornament exchange so if you'd like to participate find an ornament $6.00 and under and wrap it up and bring it with you.  It's a fun time and you get to meet some of your west side support members.  If you need directions or more information, please email me at [email protected].
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Ann M.
on 10/29/11 9:04 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: New to the area
Most of the bariatric surgeons in the area WILL NOT take other patients due to insurance concerns.  I found this out 4 years ago when I moved here.  I think Dr. Schlesinger takes other doctor's patients but I don't know anymore.  I am having all my labs done through my PCP who will get me established with a surgeon if I need it.  I believe he works with Blackstone but that's the only way to get in to her.  Good luck on finding a surgeon.  I believe if you call around, you can find one.  I think there's a doctor at Mayo who will also take other patients but I don't know his name. Sorry I'm not more help but I haven't had the need to find another surgeon as my PCP is very knowlegeable about what's needed for my care.

Ann M.
on 10/29/11 8:57 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: Open Support Groups in the Valley?
The Sun City group meets the 2nd Saturday of the month at 10:30 a.m.  We have an open support group, peer led.  We meet in the Sun City Room at the corner of 103rd Ave. & Coggins in Sun City at 10:30 a.m. to noon. 

Ann M.
on 10/29/11 8:55 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: WLS Friendly/knowledgable PCPs??
If you're in the Peoria/Glendale area, try Dr. Michael Underhill with Paseo Docs.   He's knowlegeable about bariatrics and has a few patients (including me).  I just love him.

Ann M.
on 10/29/11 8:53 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: Valley of the Sun Meet & Greet?
Hello, I just wanted to let you all know that there's a support group in Sun City which is close to most of you.  Anyone is welcome to come and join us to lend/get support.  The meeting is held the second Saturday of the month at 10:30 a.m. in the Sun City Room behind Menke's Funeral Home at the corner of 103rd Avenue and Coggins.  Just take Grand to 103rd and go south about 1 block and then turn right.  You can't miss it.

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/25/11 5:57 pm - Sedona, AZ
Topic: RE: Dr Schlessinger & Ds
I posted some links for you in the DS forum that gives you info on this.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

lauriv
on 10/25/11 3:32 pm
Topic: Dr Schlessinger & Ds
 Can anyone tell me why people say to avoid Dr Schlessinger for the DS? can anyone share their experience with me that has had him as a surgeon? 
Thanks!

~ Lauri

20candy07
on 10/24/11 8:50 am - Tolleson, AZ
Topic: RE: DSers in the Phoenix area... I need HELP! :)

If u live on the East Side, Dr. Rodney Shotton on Val Vista and the 202 in Gilbert, Desert View Family Medical.  He listens to me and he'll send me for blood work or xray...been my doc for over 6 years. 

Candy

moving-on
on 10/23/11 12:14 pm - Rimrock, AZ
Topic: RE: New Central AZ Social Support Group Meeting
Oh yeah. A new friend. Welcome Debra. (great name by the way)

This is going to be great.

Debbie
Ruthie D.
on 10/23/11 4:11 am - Mayer, AZ
Topic: RE: New Central AZ Social Support Group Meeting
Hello Debra!!! 

This is exactly the type of scenario we expect to be running into a LOT.  If you know of anywhere else to post this info to get the word out, we'd appreciate the help.  If want a flyer you can print off or email to your surgeon, NUT, or friends, please email me:  [email protected]

Can't wait to meet you on Nov. 10th!!    YAY!!!!   (... and once where was two... there were suddenly three...) 

Ruthie & Debbie
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Most Active