Recent Posts

Tina W.
on 11/12/11 11:48 am - Cartersville, GA
Topic: RE: just got home post op-not feeling like doing much
thank you Ann M.

I have been so worried that i will mess up and have gone through all this hardship of getting TO the surgery and then actually having the surgery that everything worries me. You response is very appreciated. I do take laps around my house, but i am naturally gassy anyway. I look forward to the days where i start seeing positive results

thanks again
tina
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 8:35 am - Phoenix, AZ
Topic: RE: Got my surgery date 12/05/11
Awesome! I just got approved a few days ago and the Bariatric Coord told me Dr. Reynso is in December and Dr. Blackstone is third week in January. I think I'm going to go with Dr. Reynso since that's who I meet and also he said Dr. Blackstone would be in his first 10 surgeries.  
Ann M.
on 11/11/11 12:39 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: just got home post op-not feeling like doing much

Tina, this is very normal.  You've just undergond major surgery so you will be tired for a while.  As to the bloating, most of this is the air that was pumped into you so the doctor could see what he was doing better.  If you can get up and walk, it'll go away quicker.  Most of the people who just had the surgery seem to say the same thing but after a couple of weeks when you body is almost back to normal and you have more energy, then you'll be praising the surgery.  Just take it easy and get your protein in and try to walk even if it's just around the house doing laps. 

Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
StillHopefulinAZ
on 11/9/11 10:58 am
Topic: RE: DSers in the Phoenix area... I need HELP! :)
My weight loss has been really slow, I thought I would have lost a lot more at 11 months out.  I worry I will never get there. 
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

20candy07
on 11/9/11 12:43 am - Tolleson, AZ
I have a few aches and pains, but, I've kept the weight off.  How about you? 

Candy

Buttercup2012
on 11/8/11 10:32 am
Topic: RE: Arizona follow up after surgery in Mexico
Yep...sadly, I was treated like I had the plague due to my surgery in Mexico.  It's good to know Dr. Juarez will see patients from Mexico. 

I noticed on Dr.  Simpson's web page that he is now collaborating on a study with Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana.  Dr. Ortiz does the gastric plication, and Dr. Juarez follows up on your care.  They are offering it at a reduced price if you participate.  Sounds like they are doing a study to try and get insurance carries to cover the procedure. 

I had a good experience with Dr. Ortiz, but don't know Dr Simpson.   I really am hoping for the VSG. 
StillHopefulinAZ
on 11/8/11 10:27 am
Hey, I live in Tolleson and also had surgery with Dr Juarez!  How have you done with your surgery?

StillHopefulinAZ
on 11/8/11 10:19 am
I had my lapband done in Mexico and couldn't find a doctor in AZ to touch me.  I was going to have Dr Blackstone do my revision... but she wouldnt touch me either.  I found Dr Juarez, he does lots of revisions and isn't scared to touch someone who had surgery in Mexico. 

Tina W.
on 11/8/11 9:15 am - Cartersville, GA
Topic: just got home post op-not feeling like doing much
i had the VSG last wk, 11/3/11. I was so excited and thought it was a really good idea, now i am not so sure. I feel like crap! I lost a lot of blood and had to have 7 (yes SEVEN) transfusions. and my blood count is still very low. the norm should be 11 and i am still only at 8. i guess it was enough to send me home though bc i got discharged. but i have a lot of bloated pressure in my abdomen and i dont have energy to do anything more than go to the bathroom. in my mind i should be doing more, but my body is not feeling the same way. is this normal? SHOULD i be trying to do more? i am afraid that i am going to be off to a bad start after everything i have been through, but i just dont know how this is supposed to work if i dont have the energy to do anything... please advise....
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 5:53 pm - San Jose, CA
When you have already failed one weight loss surgery, the odds of a revision surgery to a(nother) purely restrictive procedure being successful are between slim and none.  You would likely be better served by a malabsorptive procedure - RNY or DS.  And I wouldn't have an RNY if they were giving them out for free.
Most Active