Recent Posts

MizzEvil
on 4/29/12 3:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Topic: RE: AZ Board Newb

Thank you for the response, d_mac682. Someone was nice enough to send me a private message with a location that is close to me on the NW side! I will have to check into Banner's meetings as well. And thank you for the welcome!!

d_mac682
on 4/29/12 2:42 am - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12
Topic: RE: AZ Board Newb
I hated it when nobody would reply to new post. I know there are groups that meet all over. Banner health has some at each of there hospitals so I would look into those. There are some folks here that go to one in mesa, but I am not sure which one. I live an hour out of phoenix so I have not been to one yet.

Welcome to the Arizona board!

phxbbw6ft1
on 4/27/12 2:57 pm - phoenix, az
Topic: RE: Just moved to Phoenix area.. looking for WLS freindly PCP
Just an FYI, I ended up going with Dr Ruiz. I read some reviews ( from this site) and I've seen him 3 times now and I am happy. I think he's great.
40th st and Greenway
602-253-0855
Sandy H.
on 4/27/12 7:04 am - Mineral Point, MO
Topic: RE: Dr. Hillario Juarez
A firend of min had Dr Juarez and she has AHCCCS.

Sandy in Missouri

MizzEvil
on 4/24/12 6:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Topic: AZ Board Newb
Well e-****!!! I didn't realize there was an Arizona board here on OH... So, I just wanted to say a big HI to everyone out there.

A little about me, I recently had the VSG back on 16 March 2012. Due to no current insurance (not until May), I had my surgery performed by Dr Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome experience. I am in the Phoenix area.

Anyhow, just wondering if there are any people who go to some kinda WLS groups near Phx and where they go? My auntie had RNY about 4 years ago, and goes to one in Scottsdale - I haven't made it out there yet to go to one, hoping within the next month to do so. Is there any other good info that you hear floating around the AZ board you'd like to share?

Nicolle
on 4/24/12 5:30 am
Topic: Want info on the DS? Arizona seminar on April 29, 2012.
My DS surgeon, John Rabkin, has heard me (and a lot of his other patients) whine that there are not enough good DS surgeons to go around out there.

I just learned that he is doing a free information session in, of all places--Arizona--on Sunday, April 29! 

I know a lot of people on the DS forum have been disappointed when they have tried to get a real DS or DS revision in Arizona. Well, now a world-class DS surgeon is coming to YOUR neck of the woods to talk to you!

At this session, guests will get to learn about the DS, talk to Dr. Rabkin, and hear from Arizona patients about their improved health and quality of life after the DS. He will talk about "diabesity," the intersection of obesity and diabetes and how the DS can help.
The event will be:

Sunday, April 29, 2012 2-4pm ORO VALLEY HOTEL AND SUITES In the boardroom
11075 N. Oracle Road Oro Valley, AZ 85737
  Advance registration recommended, but not required at 415-668-3200. www.paclap.com

Dr. Rabkin comes to Chicago for our support group meetings several times a year and it is fantastic! I hope you local guys can make it!

Nicolle 

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

d_mac682
on 4/21/12 2:47 pm - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12
Topic: RE: Dr. Robert Schuster Patients
I mentioned the same thing to my wife just am hour ago about being tired of the same thing with food options. I am not that hungry as well, but just sick of the diet. It is getting close and I cant wait. See you in the halls too!

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 4/21/12 12:38 am, edited 4/21/12 12:39 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12
I'm not really hungry most of the time on this diet but I am so tired of my food options. Oh well. I had my final pre-op appointment yesterday. I am so impressed by Dr. Schuster and everyone I've met on the team. The hospital is also so beautiful.

I'm getting sleeved on Wednesday so see you all on the 4th floor! ;)
5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

REININGCHICK
on 4/20/12 3:53 am - AZ
dr schuster is amazing. he didnt do my gastric but, he took out my appendix. he said my stomach was super small still after 2 years from another doctor. he also was the one that found cancer in my aunts stomach from her RNY if it wasnt for him she would be dead. nothing but great comments about him!

d_mac682
on 4/20/12 1:28 am - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12
The diet has been realy rough, I wont lie it sucks. After the 4th day it got a little easier, now its just boring eating the same thing over and over again. Never thought I would say I hate choco shakes.

mrsnate, I originaly had Podkameni as my surgeon, then he left to go back east. I really like the surgeons the bariatric center has. Remeber to walk as much as you can after the surgery! See you in the halls.

Most Active