Recent Posts

OffTheWagon
on 3/10/17 2:25 pm - Reisterstown, MD
Topic: RE: Plastics help

I'm in Tucson, Arizona now. The heat makes me sweat 9 months out of the year. There's no possible way to keep dry. I'm going to use the rashes, the fact that I can't run or bike, the large (and probably deep) scars, and my arthritis to try to get the TT. I'll even shoot for the boob job - but don't expect to get it. The most depressing thing is not being able to lift weights like I was. I worked hard to be able to do it! I don't want to lose it!

Rachel B.
on 3/10/17 12:55 pm, edited 3/10/17 4:55 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
Topic: RE: Plastics help

If your PCP can document that there is a history of rashes secondary to the excess skin, then it may be possible. It just depends on what AHCCCS is willing to do these days. Some docs have financing. Where are you? I'm guessing not Maryland...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

OffTheWagon
on 3/6/17 7:37 pm - Reisterstown, MD
Topic: Plastics help

I'm 14 years out RNY. I had regained most of the weight I lost. I'm now getting counseling, changed meds, eating better and furiously exercising. Originally 342, lost almost 100 - regained back to 287. Now I'm 218 and still working.

I just got results showing a hernia. I also have rashes. I really want to have a lower body lift and breast augmentation. I'm willing to do just the lower body lift. BUT I'm not sure how to get it covered. I'm not sure if it's possible, especially since I have AHCCCS (Medicaid). Does anyone have any ideas?4

Beckmo
on 10/7/16 3:03 pm - Mesa, AZ
Topic: Need Primary Care Physician - HELP!

I am really in need of a good Primary Care Physician (PCP).  The one I had been seeing for all my meds just up and left and went somewhere else.  I am left hanging.   I don't really feel comfortable with the other doctors in the practice and really would like to find a PCP that is good and can read all the blood tests need for a Duodenal Switch patient. 

I don't know if I am being clear here... a little frazzled... I live in east.. East Mesa... almost AJ and I had a revision from a RNY to a DS in July of 2015.  I am NOT happy with my surgeon so I don't want to go back to them to have my blood tests read, so I need to see if I can find a PCP that is good that knows and can understand all the bloodworm involved with the duodenal switch.

If ANYONE can help me and recommend someone, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I am really in need.

Thank you

Beckmo

jamrodriguez
on 9/2/16 11:42 pm
Topic: RE: new to Az

Hi Janet! Welcome to AZ! I'm in Tucson so not exactly nearby. But my surgeon's office is in the Phoenix area, so a little closer. I went through Weight Loss Institute of Arizona for my VSG. 

Are you considering a revision? Or are you simply looking for support to help get you back on track?

Janet H.
on 8/30/16 6:39 am - Golden Valley, AZ
Topic: new to Az

Hello, AZ, I moved to AZ 2 years ago and looking for people need me that had surgery, I live need Kingman AZ, and having a hard time finding a DR. that know how to care for me and follow my blood test.

I had RNY Oct. 30,2007 in Harvard IL, I have been healthy until this year with my protein and iron counts down, I have gained a lot of weight back, surgery weight was 375 lbs.,. lowest weight was 165 lbs., current is 265 lbs., I really need to get my self back on track.  looking forward to meeting new people.

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

H313nB1a
on 8/23/16 7:50 pm - Mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: Food choice help with kidney disease

Your Nephrologist should tell you how much protein, phosphorous, sodium, water and potassium that they think your kidneys can handle. I know, my husband went into kidney failure and by diet alone we were able to improve his kidney function. There was a great app for smart phones that calculated all the above nutrients and helped me plan out his diet and keep track of those items that can be hard on kidneys. With it being on my phone I was able to reference it when I went grocery shopping. Talk with your kidney doctor for their diet range of the different nutrients that will at least give you an idea of daily goal or limit of the different nutrients that you can plan your diet around. All the best to you.

perksgirl119
on 8/19/16 5:22 pm - SURPRISE, az
Topic: RE: Newbie with insurance approval anxiety

excepted and approved have my VSG Surgery on September 6th

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 8/16/16 6:04 pm
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: Helloooo Out There! Join us next month for our National Conference! Roadtrips are FUN!

Hey friends!  

It's just a hop and a skip over here to Orange County, so we would love to have you join us at our National Conference near Disneyland! We're very excited about our Agenda for both days, packed with information and fun! Take a look 

Grab some friends and some Halloween costumes and hit the road! We're always looking for new friends! 

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Desertlady60
on 8/8/16 10:45 pm
Topic: RE: Any Banner Bariatric Program people out there?

I have Banner Choice Plus insurance, also. My appointment with Dr. Galvani is August 22,2016

at Banner Tucson, Univesity of Arizona in Tucson. I have a hernia that needs to be repaired,also.

The insurance coordinator told me there is a two year restriction of employment with Banner insurance.

if you are pass the two year mark they have $2000 deductible and then cover 100% of program.

I will keep updating as I process along this new journey.

Most Active