Recent Posts

iapples
on 6/12/12 12:29 am - AZ
RNY on 02/28/12
Topic: RE: newbie-please reply
I had the Gastric Bypass 2/28 with no complications or regrets.  Cigna required a 6 month medically supervised diet and then denied me until it got to a new year with a new maximum out of pocket.  Between the 6 month diet (which became 9 months) and the bypass surgery I am down 147 lbs.  I took prescriptions for diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, and gout.  8 pills per day and now I take none.  If you haven't chosen a doctor I would highly recommend Dr. Blackstone and her team at Scottsdale Healthcare.  Total patient care, besides just medical they have nutritionists, excercise therapists, and psychologists on staff.  They have a formal support group schedule. They are also very helpful with insurance.  I know you're in Tucson but worth the trip.  Send me a note if you want to talk more.  [email protected]
Good luck,
Ira Applebaum

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/12 3:04 am
Topic: RE: Just moved to Phoenix area.. looking for WLS freindly PCP
Thank you, I will give them a call.  So far every doctor I call says they don't really have any patients that have had the surgery, which is hard, since they won't know what they are talking about.  I appreciate the help :-)
lauriv
on 6/10/12 4:45 pm
Topic: RE: AZ Board Newb

Miranda,

There are a few of us Ds'ers in Az!

We need to get a group of us together since the support groups here are all geared for other surgeries!

Are you on the Facebook DS group?

It has over 800 members on it with some arizonians too!

Lauri 

~ Lauri

ElleMarie
on 6/9/12 9:12 am
 I had the Gastric Sleeve done one year ago and my hubby had a gastric bypass done in 2003.  We are both doing well.  Congrats on your decision to get this done.  I have no regrets...well only one...not doing it sooner! : )
 laurieunapologetically.blogspot.com/
Gastric Sleeve 6/10/2011
Starting weight 291
Dr Ortiz, Tijauna Mexico
ElleMarie
on 6/9/12 9:10 am
Topic: RE: Just moved to Phoenix area.. looking for WLS freindly PCP
 I rarely log in here but saw this today.  I use Estrella Mountain Medical Group on 13555 W McDowell Rd.  (between Dysart and Litchfield)  All the docs there have been wonderful with my husband, daughter and I after weight loss surgery.  We mainly see Emese Torok, FNP but like each of the docs there very much.
 laurieunapologetically.blogspot.com/
Gastric Sleeve 6/10/2011
Starting weight 291
Dr Ortiz, Tijauna Mexico
a_new_mii
on 6/9/12 6:32 am - AZ
 Hello!  :)  I just happened to take a quick peek here.  Not much action on this board.  
I had DS surgery in April of 2011 at the Bridges Center.  I started and a HW of 445, and am lass then 10 lbs away from my first goal (175).  I won't be able to help you much with the bypass but feel free to ask of me what you will. 
Good luck with the beginning of your new life.  My Life has begun again.  :)
~~Ginger~~

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

JudynBama
on 6/7/12 5:32 pm - AL
Topic: RE: Are You Having Troubles With Your Lapband Leaking?
Hello..
I have had a issue with the band not staying filled.  I went to my doctor several times and he did and adjustment and I would go home and things would be like I never had one and I had no restrictions whatsoever.  After the doctor taking the fill out and putting more in there he finally discovered it was leaking.  It was actually the port and it was defective.  I to had to pay over $3,000.00 to have a port replaced.  This took place in September of 2010.  I am possibly in the same position AGAIN.  I have had 4 adjustments to tighten the band and again, having no restrictions.  My last visit to the doctor about two weeks ago the doctor took all my fill out and he looked to see how much he had put in the previous visit.  At that time it was apparently all there.  Yesterday, I again, went back to the doctor.  He then proceeded to took all of the fill out and when he attempted to he actually looked at his nurse and said "I can't belive this, she has already had one port replaced."  He again, put more fill into the band.  He made me wait a little bit while he worked with some other patients. He wanted me to wait to see if I may had a leak.  I went back in and apparently I had no leak.  I mentioned something about a slow leak and he said he had never seen a slow leak.  He said see how this does and I have to go back in two weeks. He said he had put 4 cc in. But, as of this writing, I have no restriction. I am very frustrated as I don't know what my issue could be.
njsmm0812
on 6/6/12 3:43 pm - Tucson, AZ
RNY on 07/16/12
Topic: newbie-please reply
 New to this site and hoping to have gastric bypass surgery in a month.  I would love to chat with some people that are local.  
joyfulaz
on 6/5/12 7:12 am
Topic: RE: 9th day since VSG in Mexicali & doing great!
I know these posts are really old....

But having my sleeve in 2 wks in Tijuana with Dr. Ortiz..any tips or advice would be great??????

I live in Goodyear as well.

Thanks.
a_new_mii
on 5/30/12 9:27 am - AZ
Topic: RE: AZ Board Newb
 Hey guys!  i had my DS just over a year ago. I'd love to get some info on any meetings on the west side.  I had my Ds at the Bridges Center and have not made it to the meetings yet.  I would love to meet some WLS friends on the West side.
Thank sos much for an y info you can share,
Ginger
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Most Active