Recent Posts

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 7/11/12 7:50 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12
Topic: RE: Anyone interested in WLS AZ Meet Up!?!
I think that would be fun.
5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

MizzEvil
on 7/11/12 6:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Topic: Anyone interested in WLS AZ Meet Up!?!
Hello everyone! I realize there isn't much going on this forum, but I personally would like to meet other WLS patients out there no matter what type (DS, VSG, Lap Band or RNY).

I've been to one group meeting, but that was out in Scottsdale - a bit of a drive. Happened to be their smallest meeting to date. Was nice, but wasn't what I expected. I plan on heading out there again to try again, but was wondering if there were others out there that would like to meet other WLS patients?

MizzEvil
on 7/11/12 6:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Topic: RE: AZ Board Newb
Sorry for late response. I been tryna stay away from OH because of the drama on some forums.

Anyhow, someone sent me the FB page of the group on the West Side, but the link never worked for me. I was told it was every 2nd Tues at 7-8:30pm. I haven't made it out that way yet, but plan on trying this Friday if my hair appt doesn't run over in time. It's not that far from the location where the meetings are held.

Here is the address I was given:

Sonoran life solutions

13460 N. 94th Dr. K3

Peoria, AZ 85381

ginau
on 7/10/12 12:10 pm - mesa, AZ
Topic: Where OH Where is everyone ?

I dont see any cirrent post on this site anymore ... How come ?

JEanna

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

dbuckeye
on 7/10/12 11:53 am - Sun City, AZ
Topic: RE: bridges gastric band with 80/20?
I had my gastric bypass in 2009 I also had 80/20 insurance.  It ended up running me around $3,000.  I have no regrets it was worth every penny.

Debbie

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/12 9:29 am
Topic: RE: newbie-please reply
Hi there,
  Congrats on getting a date, that's awesome!  I remember how excited I was when I got my surgery date.. it couldn't come fast enough!  I had RNY Gastric bypass in Jan of 2009.. best thing I have ever done.  I went from 365 to 303 on day of surgery, but I never made it to goal weight.  I am trying to deal with that, and am actually looking into possible Stomaphyx or something to reduce pouch or stoma size.  I think something is going on because sometimes i feel like i can eat way more than I should.  That being said, I would do this all over again in a heartbeat.  I have gone from a size 32W and barely being able to walk, to a 16W and able to outwalk my kids.  I wish you all the best :-)
njsmm0812
on 6/26/12 1:53 pm - Tucson, AZ
RNY on 07/16/12
 Ira. Thanks for the pics. I have been approved for surgery July 26th. I start the process July 2. With my two week diet before, tests,  dr apt.  I don't know if this is good or  bad but I am distracted because there was a fire in my apartment last night n I have to move by fri into a new one. I want to get settled again before surgery. Since i lost all my fridge n freezer food i get to start over with healthy foods  Thanks for the kind words. 
iapples
on 6/26/12 2:15 am - AZ
RNY on 02/28/12

Alyssa,
I hope things are moving along and your insurance company has approved.  Cigna had to pay $11K for my surgery.  Certainly I was headed for a stroke, heart attack, or many other things that would have cost them much more over time.  I really don't undertsand their thinking.
You asked andI posted some pictures so you can see my progress.  I have my 4 month apppointment tomorrow.  I will meet with the medical, nutrition, and exercise staff.
Hang in there.  I know we read many horror stories on this site but I have had no issues.  I follow the rules and attend the monthly support groups.
Stay well,
Ira

SEXYBBW86
on 6/12/12 8:11 pm
Topic: Docter that do feels in tuson
 Hi everyone my friend is get the lap band in Mexico can anyone out there no were she can get her feels in tuson az were from new Mexico but there no docter that do tht please help us thank you
njsmm0812
on 6/12/12 12:44 am - Tucson, AZ
RNY on 07/16/12
 Wow Ira- That is great! I am happy for you!  I am at a point where we are waiting for insurance to make a decision and my doctors office thinks there should be no issues. So I am sitting here on pins and needles waiting for approval.  If everything works out I will have surgery by end of July first of Aug.  I'd love to hear more and or see some pics.  They are encouraging for me.  
I do have a great doc here in town so thanks for the referral.  I actually had the same doc who did ny appendix.  I am happy that you are off all those pills. I take like 13 a day... ugh  I can't wait to get rid of some or all of them.

Hope to hear from you!

Alyssa
Most Active