Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/09 12:07 am
JRinAZ
on 11/3/09 11:20 pm - Layton, UT
Topic: RE: Not just your average support group!
On November 3, 2009 at 9:14 PM Pacific Time, Jeannie O. wrote:
How long do the support groups usually last?  I haven't made it to one yet because of work I can't get there until 6:30...so frustrating!
Hey there Jeannie!
Most groups around the valley start at 6 and go until 7:30....there are always those who linger longer and many who continue the support chatter by grabbing a healthy nibble together after the meeting.

The next Banner Gateway mtgs are:  2nd Weds( changed from 2nd Tues) at 6 - Exercise Phys.
3rd Weds at 4:30 (my favorite mtg with great comfy chatter with psych)  That would be hard for you to make.

But.....Tempe St Luke's has a Saturday support group which is open to everyone!  It's a GREAT support group and Dr. Schlesinger is usually there as well for a bit of Q & A during the mtg.  This one is also open to EVERYONE.  I always go to this (one of my faves) but will be out of town this time:(

Circle one of them and give it a shot.  Better late and successful with WLS than never attending at all and left out of all the latest and greatest inspiration and education !!!!

Hugggzzzz!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Jeannie O.
on 11/3/09 1:14 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with
Topic: RE: Not just your average support group!
How long do the support groups usually last?  I haven't made it to one yet because of work I can't get there until 6:30...so frustrating!
With Positive Thoughts, JeannieO.                                   
JRinAZ
on 11/3/09 12:01 pm - Layton, UT
Topic: RE: Mehdi K. Mazaheri, M.D.
On November 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM Pacific Time, valarie30 wrote:
 bummer, i cant make it tonight....   please let me know when the next time will b k....
Hey Valarie!
We had a HUGE turnout tonight and I wondered if one of those faces was yours!  LOL!  I'll definitely post the up and coming "fun stuff" on the schedule as we iron out the details!

But.....I know for sure y'all can circle the weekend of Feb 12th/13th!!!! BIG WLS Educational event with oodles of Weight Loss heroes as speakers!!!!

Details will be out soon!!!

(y'know you can call me anytime to just jabber about p.s.  I'm definitely not the surgeon/expert but I know quite a bit about it and am good about inventing the rest!  LOL!)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

1lessJulie
on 11/3/09 12:00 pm
Topic: RE: dumping
Thanks for the advice... I wish you were there w/me this morning, it would have saved me a lot of pain.  It's only been 3 months since my surgery and I know I shouldn't have even walked in there, but I did and I learned my lesson- tha hard way.  I'll have to try the Berry Workout one sometime when I get the courage up to go back into there.

Julie
beckipoohbear
on 11/3/09 11:29 am - AZ
 I don't know how far out you are but the P&B Mood is probably one of the worst smoothies at jamba juice you can have because it has the juice and the frozen yogurt and everything.  At the very beginning I would VERY occasionally have a small jamba juice and I would use the all fruit and added protein powder.  Now my favorite is the Protein Berry Workout (which is just soy milk, protein powder and the fruit) with a flax and fiber boost.  I don't have these often, maybe once a month or so as a quick breakfast on the go but I also don't dump so that makes it easier too.

You'll figure out what works for you, just takes some trial and error.  I would definitely stay away from any smoothie that has frozen yogurt or sherbet in it :)

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

1lessJulie
on 11/3/09 9:36 am
Thank you all for the replies... I guess its all part of the learning process-LOL. 
Ann M.
on 11/3/09 9:01 am - Peoria, AZ
Hey Julie, I've been there and done that.  I actually wish I'd dump more.  It would make me make better choices.  Juice of any kind, unless you cut it 4 to 1 or more with water, is a no no.  It's concentrated and you're getting the full sugar effect (as you found out).  I hope you're doing better now.  When the dump starts, drink lots of water to help flu**** out as fast as you can.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
valarie30
on 11/3/09 8:11 am - phoenix, AZ
Topic: RE: Mehdi K. Mazaheri, M.D.
 bummer, i cant make it tonight....   please let me know when the next time will b k....

FLGail
on 11/3/09 7:54 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi, I had the surgery almost 4 years ago and I still dump depending on what I eat once of course now in a long while, however when I first had the surgery I dumped quite often and Yes  it defintely was no fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gail
Most Active