Recent Posts

Jeannie O.
on 11/4/09 12:43 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with
Topic: RE: Not just your average support group!
Thanks for the info Joyce, I will sneak in late ;)
With Positive Thoughts, JeannieO.                                   
JRinAZ
on 11/4/09 7:40 am - Layton, UT
Topic: RE: NO NO NO... I won't give up :) UPDATE
On November 4, 2009 at 3:30 PM Pacific Time, valarie30 wrote:
 I dont understand... did you already have surgery and now having problems......  Dr. Blackstone takes Cigna
........and Dr. Blackstone is great!

(not sure she'll do a revision if that's what this gal needs/wants ?)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JRinAZ
on 11/4/09 7:37 am - Layton, UT
Topic: RE: Fills for those banded in Mexico
On November 4, 2009 at 1:43 PM Pacific Time, Chantel P. wrote:

I have a friend who was banded in Mexico a year ago. She has had some serious health issues, not related to the band, has lost a significant amount of weight and is pbing regularly. It sounds like she needs an unfill so her family is asking me who she can go see for a fill in Arizona.
Since Dr. Simpson was my doctor, I don't know who to refer her to other than Fill Centers USA?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Chantel

Ahhh Chantel!  I'll bet she's miserable in spite of her WL!

Fill Center USA is great!....used to work with them a bit....
Wendy from the mountains gets a lot of good publicity?  (check on lapband forum for details)

have you checked with all programs for the "out of Country" patient follow-up?

A friend on this site had her band done in Canada and has paid to be part of the Banner Gateway follow-up program. (very pricey in my mind but......better than misery and even worse!)

Any possibilitiy family or friends could get her back to her Mx surgeon?

Dr. Simpson may have some great recommendations?

How are YOU doing?

Hugggzzz to your friend!

Joyce 

valarie30
on 11/4/09 7:30 am - phoenix, AZ
 I dont understand... did you already have surgery and now having problems......  Dr. Blackstone takes Cigna

mikiec
on 11/4/09 6:38 am - Peoria, AZ
Don't give up.  Be the energizer bunny and keep going, going and going.

Mike

cmego
on 11/4/09 5:43 am
Topic: Fills for those banded in Mexico

I have a friend who was banded in Mexico a year ago. She has had some serious health issues, not related to the band, has lost a significant amount of weight and is pbing regularly. It sounds like she needs an unfill so her family is asking me who she can go see for a fill in Arizona.
Since Dr. Simpson was my doctor, I don't know who to refer her to other than Fill Centers USA?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Chantel

JRinAZ
on 11/4/09 4:30 am - Layton, UT
On November 4, 2009 at 9:36 AM Pacific Time, MDIASMOORE1969 wrote:
I am so friggin frustrated right now.... just spoke with someone at the surgeon's office and was told they don't accept CIGNA. Been there almost a year but now the tune has changed.  

I guess I will just have to deal with the hernias, strangling pains and depression until I jump off a building.  It's okay... tired of seeing new doctors and all the tests, insurance copays... then the SILENCE.

I give up.  Thanks Dr S's office for making me realize that no one can help me.   
NO No no!  Don't give up!  We don't want Cigna to win this little battle.

So, let me do a little Q & A interview.  All is probably the obvious but sometimes there's a new thought when it's in front of us.

1.  Contacted Cigna for list of surgeon's they do cover?
2.  Read all surgery clauses to rule out exclusion?
3.  Checked on various O.H. forums for other Cigna successes to see how they made it happen?
4.  Checked with legal on O.H. to see if appealing is an option?
5.  consider having plastic surgeon's as a fix rather than Bariatric surgeon?  (Plastic surgeon's who are also general surgeon's fix hernias all the time!)
6.  Contacted PCP for help with depression?  Got his/her opinion on other surgeries?
7.  Checked with medical financing to see if all or some could be done out of pocket?
8.  If you're after a revision then check on the revision forum for suggestions?
9. Tried emailing "other" people within the surgeon's office?  Sometimes one person mistakingly gives incorrect info.  And...sometimes surgeon's witin the same office take different insurances than their partner.
10.  Take a walk.  Make a plan of action.  Drink a protein drink and then tackle full speed ahead!

wishing you the best friend!  Let us know how we can help support you!

Joyce 

Kyle H.
on 11/4/09 3:47 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Topic: Checking in-Its been a while
So, I have not posted here for quite a while...been lurking/posting on the RNY board. I completed my 6 month bariatrician program and had my final surgeon consult yesterday. Psych eval done and cleared, cardiac eval done and cleared, sleep study done and now on cpap maching, labs done and all look good. Everything is off to insurance now. My preop is scheduled for day before Thanksgiving and surgery is scheduled for 12/21/09 at 7:30am (pending insurance approval of course). Fingers are crossed....my primary (UHC) excluded it from coverage but I am covered by DH's as a secondary and they do cover it, so hopes are high.

I have changed over to chewable centrum vits, started my sublingual B12 and have calcium citrate ready to go. Testing out protein powders-have one from Vitamin world which is ok and then ordered some Nectar which is also ok. Have more samples on thier way to try out.

Got my PTO approved for time off work....3 weeks off...kids are all set to go to thier respective parents (son going to his dad's and step son is going to his mom's) and DH got the week of surgery off...and Mom (also a pastor) is coming up for day of surgery...so I think everything is set.

So...there ya have it...the last 6 months in a nut shell!
MDIASMOORE1969
on 11/4/09 1:36 am, edited 11/24/09 9:26 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Topic: NO NO NO... I won't give up :) UPDATE
I am so friggin frustrated right now.... just spoke with someone at the surgeon's office and was told they don't accept CIGNA. Been there almost a year but now the tune has changed.  

I guess I will just have to deal with the hernias, strangling pains and depression until I jump off a building.  It's okay... tired of seeing new doctors and all the tests, insurance copays... then the SILENCE.

dbuckeye
on 11/4/09 12:57 am - Sun City, AZ
Topic: RE: dumping

Julie,

Hope you are feeling much better today.  That is a terrible feeling. We all hope it never happens again.

Debbie

Most Active