Recent Posts

ginau
on 11/5/09 5:55 am - mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: Got a question...
Lisa

I can only speak for myself here.  I had a revision  due to lack of weightloss, 1yr out from a RNY ( done Lap)  I had lost 125lbs and started to  gain - Did I push the envelope some - sure I take responseability for that, Should I have had more  mental health counseling - YES!!  surgery is a tool - learn how to use it .  it might limit the amount of food you put in your stomach  - but it does nothing for your head and issue's within.

. Seeing that I still had over another 150 to loose - I chose to be revised. My original surgeon  would not consider it. I went with another Dr who  did an Open procedure bypassed more intestine & created more malabsorption. I wished my Original Dr did this the first time, but that is hindsight . 

I was given a second chance  to loose more of the weight.  I am to this day still loosing slowly. but going down !  I am healthier & happier  for the most part. I get labs checked religiously. 

the best advise I can give .. Is to talk to your surgeon sincerly about your concerns.  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mikiec
on 11/5/09 4:33 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: Milk
I had RNY almost 1 year ago.  So far nothing seems to cause me any issues.  I have tried most of my old foods in very very small portions and it's good including chocolate.

I do stay away from greasy, fatty ,fried foods.

I would like to have cereal for breakfast to break the boredom.  For this I need milk.   Has anybody had any success with milk?

Mike

dflprdfan
on 11/5/09 3:46 am
Topic: Got a question...
I am still working on the 6-month supervised weight loss before I can be approved for WLS and am looking to get RNY Gastric Bypass.

I have seen several posts about revisions and changes in the surgery people choose...I am concerned and am womdering why a revision would be needed, how often they are needed, and why a change in the surgery? I am wondering if it is a case of not being able to adhere to the behaviors the surgeon prescribes after surgery or is it something else? I am not trying to offend anyone here who has had a revision, really just trying to understand so I can avoid another surgery...please help.

Thanks, Lisa
JRinAZ
on 11/5/09 12:39 am - Layton, UT
Topic: RE: Run fast to Costco!!!
On November 5, 2009 at 8:24 AM Pacific Time, FLGail wrote:
Hey Joyce, In Az which is better to join Costco or Sams club to get good food for us Gastic Bypass people?
                       Right now I belong to Sams club but there are more of them here. More Costcos or Sams club there?
                                                                     Gail
I do both!  LOL !

I actually rarely make it to Sam's but if I'm hosting a party or event or friends then I like to hit both since they offer different freezer items.  Sam's allows you to buy smaller produce pkgs but overall....I like Costco better.

Sam's:  I buy their small plastic party plates.  Classy for plastic.
small fruit & veggie options
More refrigerator options
clothing
dog food
nuts

Costco:  I buy water, gas, shrimp rings, shrimp ceviche, salads, veggies, jerkey, etc.

Buying  pizza or a hot dog?  Hands down!  Costco is the winner!!!!

C U soon!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JRinAZ
on 11/5/09 12:30 am - Layton, UT
On November 5, 2009 at 6:02 AM Pacific Time, dperez wrote:
Oh my gosh! I have a great recipe for lettuce wraps. I had some at Pf changs and figured I could make better and healthier. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.
Yummy! .......YES!!!

Thanks!
Joyce 

FLGail
on 11/5/09 12:24 am - Sun City, AZ
Hey Joyce, In Az which is better to join Costco or Sams club to get good food for us Gastic Bypass people?
                       Right now I belong to Sams club but there are more of them here. More Costcos or Sams club there?
                                                                     Gail
dperez
on 11/4/09 10:02 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Oh my gosh! I have a great recipe for lettuce wraps. I had some at Pf changs and figured I could make better and healthier. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.
JRinAZ
on 11/4/09 1:20 pm - Layton, UT
Hey!
Where have you been?  Miss you
Joyce 

marcie K.
on 11/4/09 1:19 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
Topic: RE: Fills for those banded in Mexico
If Tucson is close enough I'd highly recommend Scott Lopez.  He has the lapband fill center located in Tucson.  He has lots of training in follow up care and is great; he'll listen to you and help with problems.  I've had a lot of problems and he seems to be the only one who will listen to me.  He will take insurance or if it is out of pocket the prices are $50 for an apt no fill/ $100 for apt w/fill.  520-882-4200
maduarte
on 11/4/09 1:13 pm - Litchfield Park, AZ
BOTH SAMS CLUB AND COSTCO CARRY THEM.WHEN THEY HAVE THEM THEY ARE IN THE PREPARED FOOD AREA BY THE SUSHI AND OTHER PREPARED ASIAN FOODS.  SOME TIMES THEY DONT HAVE THEM BUT THEY COME BACK. I DONT BELIEVE i SAW THEM LAST WEEKEND.
Michelle
Most Active