Recent Posts

valarie30
on 11/9/09 2:50 am - phoenix, AZ
Topic: my thoughts on Lap Band only Dr.s
 I went to a dr. who only did Lap band surgery,  I was not very impressed and I wondered why would that be, that a doctor would only do Lap Band Surgery,    or used to do the RNY but does not do it any more.....   after digging a little deeper it made me realize that either the Dr. does not feel comfortable doing the RNY  or got in some kinda trouble from the medical board.. but i think if someone is looking into weight loss surgery they should go to someone who specializes in all of them, that way they can help you decide on your best option and what is best for you...  if they only do lap band then I would wonder why?   this is just me... and my thoughts... i am sure there are good dr. who only do lap band... but i would pick a dr. who does all surgery and felt comfortable doing all...  

also is there some type of commission or do they get some type of kick back using a specific type of band?  

mikiec
on 11/9/09 1:38 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: dumping
Can someone absolutely, positively describe dumping? 

Mike

mikiec
on 11/9/09 1:35 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: Milk
At support group we discussed this and some can and some cannot can do milk.  Dr. Sprunger was at the group and had no comment either way.  I see him for my 1 year next week and I'll ask.

Thanks for the feed back.

Mike

JRinAZ
on 11/8/09 11:33 pm - Layton, UT
Topic: R U thankful 2?

Anticipating the Holidays!  I don't have a bit of exta cash to invest in lavish gifts.  I don't have an exciting trip planned.  I don't have my plastic sugery scheduled. 

BUT......  I DO have soooooo many amazing blessings! 

My family is the best and so suppotive!
My health is better than it's been in years!  (still working on perfect)
My body image is miles ahead of where it's been in past years.
I have a great job!

and.....as I think of the BIG T Day meal.....I am thinking of fabulous dishes I can prepare for others!  Food is kind of functional for me now.  I am most charged up for chatting, games, lots of laughing......good old fashioned family & friend memories

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Any special recipes planned?

Milestones reached since last  Thanksgiving?

I'm in South Dakota for a few days helping my sick DIL & playing with my 2 yr old grandson!  Good times!  Was holding him on my lap yesterday at chuch (yup, I have a lap now!  LOL!) and realized that I can snuggle my grand kiddos a lot closer than I could my own kids.  Balancing toddlers on my extra 160 lb body was exhausting.

WLS is at the top of my "grattitude list"! 

How about you?

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Pakrn
on 11/8/09 12:29 am - Levittown, PA
Topic: RE: Sort of a milestone....
Congratulations Sunshine 86,

Any weight lost is a major accomplishment for us. Hopefully to never see those lost pounds again is a BIGGER accomplishment. Keep up the great work.

Take Care, Pat K.
                                       Many receive advice, only the wise benefit from it!    
Ann M.
on 11/7/09 7:58 am - Peoria, AZ

I buy the generic version of fat free Lactaid.  I can't do regular or 2% milk anymore.

Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/09 1:49 am
dbuckeye
on 11/6/09 12:29 pm - Sun City, AZ
Thank you
denise777
on 11/6/09 6:17 am - Tucson, AZ
Topic: new to az
hi all,
i am fairly new to the tucson area and am looking for some great support groups. i had rny 1 year ago in alaska and am about 8 pounds from goal (yay). i'm also looking for a new primary care provider and wondering if anyone can recommend one that is bariatric/wls friendly and knowledgeable. i am retired military and have tricare prime for insurance. any info is welcome.
thanks,
denise

beckipoohbear
on 11/6/09 1:48 am - AZ
If you ask the office this they will probably tell you it's a no go because we aren't supposed to be doing milk.  I eat granola every morning but I mix it in with my yogurt, fruit and some protein powder.  That way I get the delicious cereal crunch but the higher protein of the yogurt in a smaller portion than a glass of milk.

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Most Active