Recent Posts

JRinAZ
on 11/11/09 11:47 pm - Layton, UT
Topic: RE: SHARE YOUR WOW MOMENT
On November 11, 2009 at 4:27 PM Pacific Time, misst2 wrote:
Hi OH,
My wow moment was just this last week.  I got a call from Dr. Fang's office saying that my medical Dr. gooffed on paper work. So I called my Dr. asked Them to correct the errors.  I truly thought this was going to set me back by months. Well Tuesday I got a call. Cigna approved me in just 3 days.  My surgery is the 23 rd .  So now that is a WOW to me.
Terri
Woo Hoooooo!

Let the journey begin! 

LOSER'S ROCK!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Terri G.
on 11/11/09 11:18 pm - ME
Topic: RE: NO NO NO... I won't give up :) UPDATE
Dr Fang takes Cigna I have them also
Terri

marcie K.
on 11/11/09 12:03 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
Topic: RE: new to az
no groups or much of anything to do here:P  well we have a gym and pools and a lake that is a mile around but it is pretty boring.  I have a friend here who had vsg and we have been walking at the lake so u could join us.  the yahoo group has been pretty quiet lately but is a really good group of folks:)
denise777
on 11/11/09 11:54 am - Tucson, AZ
Topic: RE: new to az
wow, thanks for answering me....54 views and only 1 reply, oh well. i'll check out the yahoo group and see what they have going. btw...my husband and i plan to move to sauharita in february....any groups or activities going on down there?
again, thanks for answering my post,
denise

marcie K.
on 11/11/09 11:43 am - Sahuarita, AZ
Topic: RE: Can't decide... Lap band or Bypass?? HELP!
I got a lapband in march of this year.  If I could do it over I would do a sleeve honestly.  I'm one of the .02% of people who are having complcations.  Funny enough I befriended the girl who had surgery before me and she just had her band out last week due to similar complications.  That being said I love my band and have lost 82lbs.  However my weight loss has really slowed down and is getting much more difficult (i'm sure the problems and all the fills/unfills are not helping with this).  The surgeon I'm seeing now (I've been through a whole bunch) won't even put a band in someone with a bmi over 50(mine was 53 before surgery) and doesn't feel the band is effective for the more massive weight loss.  I'm tending to agree after a lot of research and support group meeting attendence.  a lot of people seem to get stuck at 50-70lbs loss and stop there.

I'm looking at a possible revision now still the bypass scares me.  I don't like the rearranging of the anatomy and all the problems with that.  However the thing I want less is regaining the weight so...

I don't know if that made sense but I believe you could be succesful with the band but it will be more work and the statistics are better for the rny I believe.  also there can be a lot of complications post band.
Terri G.
on 11/11/09 8:27 am - ME
Topic: RE: SHARE YOUR WOW MOMENT
Hi OH,
My wow moment was just this last week.  I got a call from Dr. Fang's office saying that my medical Dr. gooffed on paper work. So I called my Dr. asked Them to correct the errors.  I truly thought this was going to set me back by months. Well Tuesday I got a call. Cigna approved me in just 3 days.  My surgery is the 23 rd .  So now that is a WOW to me.
Terri

valarie30
on 11/11/09 7:30 am - phoenix, AZ
 what did dr. blackstone suggest..... ask for her input.... 

calicrow
on 11/10/09 12:33 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for the comments everyone. I do realize this is a very personal choice I just am interested in having the opinion of people that have had the surgery. All I hear from are doctors and people that "know someona that's had the surgery". Not from people that have been down that road themselves.I haven't even heard of the DS but I will look it up right now. Maybe that might be a good choice. I'm pretty sure at this point though that the band is not for me. I need a tighter leash...lol.
toleary
on 11/10/09 11:27 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Mehdi K. Mazaheri, M.D.
He is the most awesome you should go get a consult you will love his office staff too. He has done all on my plastics with no problems at all, he is also doing my thigh lift in a few weeks....last thing on my body he hasn't lifted yet ; ) 

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR JOURNEY

TORI

ginau
on 11/10/09 11:24 am, edited 11/10/09 11:24 am - mesa, AZ
Yep

Hard choice to make, you might wanna check out mens forum  & even check out some of the support groups that are open to everyone.  a lot of men go to them and  since men loose differant from woman I would ask them about their experience.

Also - you have to look at other things .. head issue's ,  surgery choices, ultimate goals - skin  should not be an issue - overall health should be a bigger issue. - just my opinion

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active