Recent Posts

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 11/24/12 9:30 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12
Topic: RE: Anyone interested in WLS AZ Meet Up!?!

Yeah it's been quite the transformation.  What is really great is that I feel so much better.  That is really what the magic is.  I'm not really worried about getting too skinny though, as I get further out my weight loss has slowed.  I'm still losing just not as quickly.  Also as you get further out you increase your food intake and can slowly add more food into your meal plan.  I have really just tweaked my eating habits and have greatly decreased my portion sizes.  I don't feel like I'm on a diet, so it's been pretty easy for me for the most part.  Plus Banner Gateway Bariatric's staff are so helpful and full of information.

I'm 5'2 and my initial goal is 165.  It's still overweight but I know that it's a comfortable weight for me.  If I lose more that's cool too but I'm fine either way. =)

5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

Jodysdreams
on 11/24/12 12:55 am
I just looked at your weightloss!! Holy Cow!!! You have lost a whole person!!!!! You must feel incredible!!!! Congratulations!!!
I am having it for diabetes..I am overweight, about 60 lbs..so I'm scared to death!! I am afraid of gettng too skinny..are you feeling like you won't quit losing?
I never thought I would be worried about getting too skinny!!!hahaha!
We both will be about the same size at our goal weights..I am 5'4
And my goal is about 140...
Talk soon,
Jdy
Jodysdreams
on 11/24/12 12:47 am
Oh my Gosh! I'm at williamsfield and valvista..I am thinking about starting a monthly meeting in Gilbert for anyone who has had bariatric surgery. I know I will need it and I'm sure having other peeps to share with will help allot!!!
Let me know if you want to get together and figure something out..I think it would be fun!
Thx
jody
Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 11/23/12 6:56 pm - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12

Congratulations on your surgery date.  I had my VSG on April 25th.  I am so happy I did.  I'm in Gilbert too.  If you ever want to chat just let me know.

5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

Jodysdreams
on 11/23/12 2:44 am
Hi! I am scheduled for VSG dec 10th and am very nervous but ready to go for it! I think starting a group is a great idea! where do you live? I am in the east valley, gilbert.

Jody

dbuckeye
on 11/21/12 11:25 pm - Sun City, AZ
Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO EVERYONE. IT IS BETTER TO TAKE A LITTLE SPOON FULL OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS THAN TO FEEL DEPRIVED ON A HOLIDAY.  SOMETIMES A LITTLE SLIVER OF PIE WILL KEEP YOU FROM GOING OVERBOARD WITH IT LATER.  MAKE WISE CHOICES AND TAKE SOMETHING YOU CAN EAT.  EAT SOME PROTEIN ABOUT AN HALF AN HOUR BEFORE THE MEAL THAT DOES HELP.  HALF A DEVILED EGG OR PIECE OF CHEESE  WOULD BE GOOD. ABOVE ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY.

DEBBIE 

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

wmamey
on 11/16/12 3:41 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Topic: RE: Moving to AZ, used Dr.Blackstone ?
I am glad that things are starting to work out for you and that you are going to have the help you need. Good luck!!

dbuckeye
on 11/10/12 11:51 am - Sun City, AZ
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass in 5 days

Hi AAri, Glad you are home and doing well. You will really amaze yourself with how soon you will start seeing the new you.  Keep up the good work.

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

sarah_durso
on 11/10/12 9:20 am
Topic: Moving to AZ, used Dr.Blackstone ?

Hello All ,   

I'm moving to AZ for a year to live near family. Husbands deploying with the Marines . So while he's away I'm going to have WLS and get healthy.  I've been researching this for a few yrs and it's now time. I had planned on getting RNY this fall here in NC , all my classes, and requirements are done .  USMC decided they had other plans and threw us a curve ball . I would have no one here to help out with the kids. So I'm going to AZ, and from the looks of it Dr.Blackstone is an amazing surgeon.  Have any of you used Scottsdale health ? 

mrssmith76
on 11/9/12 1:44 pm - AZ
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass in 5 days

Hi Debbie, I made it home and I am doing well. Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I have been going for my walks and sipping my water. I just cant wait to get back to my old self, or should I say knew self.

Aari Smith

Most Active