Recent Posts

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 5/2/13 6:29 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: Until May 17th: The EARLY BIRD catches the -

DISCOUNT!  

We've all heard it is the early bird that catches the worm.  With ObesityHelp - it is the early bird that catches the discount and savings!!  Don't let this discounted opportunity fly away!! 

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

TracyA
on 4/25/13 1:30 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Topic: RE: PCP recommendations in Gilbert area?

I have BCBS.  But they don't pre-approve... 1 year physican managed weight loss, submit your documentation with claim.  I've been down this road with them twice before (2005 in CT and 2008 in CA) and each time the bariatric surgeon's office felt the documentation was in adequate for approval.

Honestly, at this point I'm just eager to get on the road to a healthier me.  My husband and I have been discussing this extensively and I think we're just going to finance route.  I want to be able to chase around after my two girls, sooner than later.

I'm going to attend the Weight Loss Institute of Arizona seminar on Saturday and get this ball rolling.  I'd appreciate any other suggestions or input though!

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 4/25/13 10:09 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12

My doctor is in Chandler and he was supportive and helpful.  If you want his info just message me.

Jessi

5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

Member Services
on 4/22/13 7:35 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Here it is, the wait is over....

For our 2013 ObesityHelp National Conference in Anaheim, California, OH is proud to announce our Keynote Speaker is.....

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/13 10:36 am

That really depends on who contracts with your insurance.  Have you verified your insurance benefits to see if it covers WLS?

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/13 10:34 am
Topic: RE: United Health Care Exclusions

I went to Dr. Arellano in Mexicali.  It's a safe city and driving distance from Phoenix.  602 539 0949.  If there is a WLS exclusion there is no getting around it.  It means a premium for WLS was not paid by the employer so they have no reason to cover it, they were never paid for the WLS to begin with.

VickyDnGA
on 4/20/13 12:29 pm - Tifton, GA
Topic: RE: Are You Having Troubles With Your Lapband Leaking?
I was banded in Aug 2005. My band is leaking, I have no restriction, have gained 40 lbs back and my doc keeps telling me that I'm not trying to work at weight loss and the band leakage is normal. I'm in Georgia
Tammy C.
on 4/18/13 2:12 am
Topic: SHARE YOUR WOW MOMENT

Hello OH Members!

Do you have a Wow moment to share with OH Members/readers?  (For OH Magazine or the new OH Newsletter)  If so, I would love to hear from you.  Please email [email protected] and share your Wow moment!  Please also send hi res photos, perhaps something that reflects on your Wow moment!

All my best,
Tammy Colter
OH Magazine
Editor-In-Chief
Publisher

TracyA
on 4/15/13 3:23 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Topic: PCP recommendations in Gilbert area?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a WLS supportive Primary Care doc in the Gilbert, AZ area.  Anyone have any suggestions?

My WLS journey was derailed for a few years ( I don't think I've visited OH since 2008 ) ...

I now have 2 beautiful daughters (2.5 and 14 months) and want to pursue this now as much for them as for myself 

Thanks in advance!

-Tracy

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 4/8/13 7:18 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: Early Birds Catch the Best Deals

I'm really excited to drop in with some event news! This year we're bringing the 2013 ObesityHelp Conference to Anaheim, California on October 4th and 5th, 2013. 

Make sure you stop by the Events site often to check in as we make updates!  

We have our hotel booking information up and ready to go! 

We want to hear from you......we're taking open speaking submissions and speaker nominations.  

We also have already been coordinating with some of the best vendors out there & the exhibit tables are going to be amazing this year. You'll love talking to them and getting to try the samples!

For those of you wanting to reach your non-scale victories of going on amusement park rides and riding those roller coasters, you'll love the hotel we booked with.  We'll be at the Crowne Plaza, which is a Disney Good Neighbor hotel. Yes, just minutes away from Disney!  So close, that we decided that ALL EARLY BIRD ticket buyers will get put into a drawing for TWO TICKETS TO DISNEYLAND!  

Early bird tickets are on sale NOW and end on May 17!  As an early bird ticket buyer, you get even more than saving $$.  Check out the benefits to being an early bird and get more 4-1-1 on our OH Event!

We can't wait to see you...spread the word to your friends!   

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Most Active