Recent Posts

TracyA
on 6/2/13 10:59 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Topic: RE: PCP recommendations in Gilbert area?
They presented band, sleeve, and bypass at the initial seminar. Personally, band felt like the right choice for me.

Working on my 6 mo diet and the pre-op list. If no hiccups, should have surgery before Christmas!
Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 5/31/13 1:15 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: Join us in beautiful sunny California in October

Our 2013 ObesityHelp Annual Conference is in Anaheim, California.  We have an unprecedented line-up of speakers for this event.  Based on members' requests, we have a number of new speakers and some of your favorites to join us. For this Conference, you used your voices to let us know what you wanted and we listened. 

Benefits of attending our OH Conference:

1.  Motivation

2.  Education

3.  Inspiration

4.  Exchange of information with other members, professionals and vendors

5.  Get to know some of our OH staff  members

6.  Meet other OH members, professionals and vendors

7.  Fun

8.  So much laughing that your face will hurt

9.  Vendor samples

10. Opportunity to develop new friendships and re-connect with current friends

11. Walk away with motivation and inspiration for your healthy lifestyle!

The sky is the limit as to the many benefits you'll gain from joining us at our OH Conference.

Speaking of sky - you'll also enjoy the beautiful blue skies of California, visit Disneyland and other popular attractions exclusive to Southern California. 

We hope to see you at our 2013 OH Annual Conference!!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

KimB826
on 5/28/13 12:11 am - AZ
RNY on 09/07/10 with
Topic: Extended Tummy Tuck Procedure
Hi! I had my RNY 3 years ago & am very happy with the results The leftover skin, not so much!
I have appointments with a couple of Plastic Surgeons and would like to know if anyone has used them or know anyone who has used them & opinions if so?
Dr Shaun Parson & Dr Jennfier Geoghegan (they are at different practices)

I appreciate any additional insight!

Thanks
Ann M.
on 5/19/13 5:57 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: A question for you oldies out there

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'll stop by there this afternoon.  I was just hoping that someone on this board had to use these also.

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/13 4:46 am
On May 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM Pacific Time, TracyA wrote:
Yes, correct. I have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. Orris and the dietician, etc. BCBS has dropped their req to 6 mo phys supervised diet. So if all goes wrll, we'll start down that road again tomorrow!!

Do they still only do bands?

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/13 4:44 am
Topic: RE: A question for you oldies out there
On May 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM Pacific Time, Ann M. wrote:

Because of an accident two years ago, I'm having some brain problems whi*****lude memory lapses and inability to remember things that were said or done recently.  My neurologist, Dr. Gorman, is recommending that I use the Exelon patch 4.6 mg which is the lowest dose available.  He thinks this will help get the chemicals in my brain to start to balance and help with the memory and other frontal executive brain problems.

My question is:  Can we use the patch since we have had RNY?  I could have taken the Exelon pill but there's lots of trouble with that for people's stomachs.    If you know the answer, please post it here or if you have an appointment with your doc, can you ask for me?  I'd really appreciate it.

Honestly, your best bet is to call a pharmacist.  Just call your local Walgreens or any of them.  Ask for an RPh and tell them what you just told us.  They are the folks with ALL the data at their fingertips.  When docs have questions about drugs that is who they go to.

Ann M.
on 5/18/13 12:57 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: A question for you oldies out there

Because of an accident two years ago, I'm having some brain problems whi*****lude memory lapses and inability to remember things that were said or done recently.  My neurologist, Dr. Gorman, is recommending that I use the Exelon patch 4.6 mg which is the lowest dose available.  He thinks this will help get the chemicals in my brain to start to balance and help with the memory and other frontal executive brain problems.

My question is:  Can we use the patch since we have had RNY?  I could have taken the Exelon pill but there's lots of trouble with that for people's stomachs.    If you know the answer, please post it here or if you have an appointment with your doc, can you ask for me?  I'd really appreciate it.

TracyA
on 5/14/13 5:42 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Yes, correct. I have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. Orris and the dietician, etc. BCBS has dropped their req to 6 mo phys supervised diet. So if all goes wrll, we'll start down that road again tomorrow!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/13 3:41 am
Topic: RE: Are You Having Troubles With Your Lapband Leaking?
On April 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM Pacific Time, VickyDnGA wrote:
I was banded in Aug 2005. My band is leaking, I have no restriction, have gained 40 lbs back and my doc keeps telling me that I'm not trying to work at weight loss and the band leakage is normal. I'm in Georgia

There is absolutely nothing normal about a band leak.  Nothing.

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/13 3:37 am
On April 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM Pacific Time, TracyA wrote:

I have BCBS.  But they don't pre-approve... 1 year physican managed weight loss, submit your documentation with claim.  I've been down this road with them twice before (2005 in CT and 2008 in CA) and each time the bariatric surgeon's office felt the documentation was in adequate for approval.

Honestly, at this point I'm just eager to get on the road to a healthier me.  My husband and I have been discussing this extensively and I think we're just going to finance route.  I want to be able to chase around after my two girls, sooner than later.

I'm going to attend the Weight Loss Institute of Arizona seminar on Saturday and get this ball rolling.  I'd appreciate any other suggestions or input though!

I am drawing a blank, is that Drs. Orris and DeBarros?

Most Active