Recent Posts

Noragretz
on 6/22/14 4:52 am
VSG on 09/05/14
Topic: RE: Self Pay Arizona

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your openness with your costs.  I had left a message but I've got no response in over a week. I think it is missing some fees. I have ultimately decided to go with Dr. Umbach near Las Vegas. And your numbers confirm that for me.

I am sure that the hospital fees are going to be the kicker in the price that they gave me, and when I asked during the phone call and she was unable to give me that information, wasn't sure what the cost at the hospital would be or what was included.   I think that if I am self paying - that is an important number and it should be as accurate as possible. Your numbers are getting up there in the range that I was figuring for gastric sleeve in Arizona.   I was initially scheduled for July 11th also with Dr. Umbach, but I have had some tummy troubles and I think it would be appropriate to find out what is going on there before surgery. So I am having a upper and lower GI thingy done on July 8th instead  I'm hoping it is not a big deal and I can still have surgery the beginning of August.  Good Luck to you! I'm sure you are very excited.

teachnaz
on 6/21/14 3:59 am
Topic: RE: Self Pay Arizona

Have they told you what the $7950 covers?  I am also self pay because of exclusion w/ my health insurance.  I'm having my surgery July 11th @ Scottsdale Healthcare.  Here is a fee schedule that they gave me (laparoscopic bypass):

Physician Professional Fees (Post op visits @ no charge for 90 days) - $2180  plus $350 for psych visitSurgical Assist Fees - $2180
Facility Fee (hospital) -$14,500 (2 nights in hospital)

Anesthesiology-$1500     

The price they gave you does seem too good to be true.  I'd ask them what the fees I listed cost.   Good luck!                                                                                                                                                                                

furiosmommy
on 6/19/14 1:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
Topic: RE: DR Fang anyone????

Waaay late on this one! I had Dr. Fang for my VSG in Jan 2011 :)

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/14 11:01 am
Topic: RE: looking for workout buddy in Tucson

I live near reid park! I would love to start working out with you

Noragretz
on 6/7/14 2:34 am
VSG on 09/05/14
Topic: Self Pay Arizona

I have an exclusion to bariatric/weight loss coverage under my health insurance. SOOOO I am self pay no matter where I go.  I initially am considering surgery through Dr. Umbach in Las Vegas. However Banner Gateway in Phoenix area is giving me a price, but it is a too good to be true price. So I think that there are some things that they are not telling me, or there will be hidden fees somewhere. One of which I believe is the hospital stay.  Can anyone tell me their experience with Banner Gateway? The price they are giving me is ridiculously low for a US surgery. A total $7950???

figbart
on 6/5/14 1:17 am - Bellevue, WA
Topic: VSG veteran regain and in need of panniculectomy

I have recently moved to the Tucson area.  I had my VSG 6 years ago and slowly regained almost 30 lbs………… recently I lost 5 but now have a problem with a very old c-section scar opening up …………… has anyone else had this happen?  I am off to see a plastic surgeon ( referred from general surgeon  after my nurse practitioner referred me).  I have had "wound" care for 6 weeks now, but the opening or hole does not seem to be closing on it's own.  We have tricare standard, and wondering if anyone has experience with having this procedure in the Tucson area?  Also looking to connect with any VSGers in the Tucson area.

SW238/ GW120
5'2'' BMI42?  I AM ON MY WAY !!

Member Services
on 4/30/14 6:09 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: OH welcomes Masterchef Judge Graham Elliot as our keynote speaker

ObesityHelp is honored to have MasterChef and MasterChef Junior Judge Graham Elliot join our ObesityHelp National Conference 2014.  Not only is he a critically acclaimed chef, television personality and one of the most recognized faces in cooking today, he is a successful Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) post-ops.  In less than one year, Graham has lost an amazing 150 pounds, and changed his health and his life.  Graham will share his insights and engage with our attendees for an open question/answer portion of his keynote.

We hope you'll join us and be inspired by Graham's success along with the other fun, education and support that our attendees walk away with from attending our Conferences.  We hope to see you at our 2014 Conference with Graham Elliot.

jbraeger
on 3/28/14 7:20 am
jbraeger
on 3/28/14 7:07 am
Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 3/21/14 7:07 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: 10 Days and Counting

There are only 10 days left for Early Bird registration.  For the next 10 days (expires March 31st), you can purchase your ticket for $50.  After the Early Bird pricing is over, tickets will be $75.

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Most Active