Two years post-op and looking for advice...

AZAlexa
on 4/23/06 1:59 pm - XX
Hi all. I am two years post-op. Now I need to start getting out into the dating scene. But... I am nervous. I still need plastic surgery, so I am still very self-conscious about the loose-skin thing. I thought maybe people who have been through what I have been through would have some good ideas on how to break the ice...
jenw82
on 4/24/06 1:29 pm - Tucson, AZ
I haven't gone through surgery (yet), but I believe the advice is the same for everybody who has low self confidence in the way that they look. Smiling is the key to flirting. Smile, look away, look back. Give the "object of your flirting" an invitation to talk to you with body language. Seem approchable. Or approach someone yourself. If that person isn't interested---there are a lot of people who will be. Just be patient and have fun with it. Also, take into consideration that your first line isn't going to be "I had WLS and have a lot of loose skin." It's not going to be, I know someone an hour and then that person sees you naked (or maybe it is, whatever the case may be). Take your time with things, get to know and trust somebody...and in the end you will not be nearly as self concious about the whole thing. Don't view plastic surgery as something you NEED (unless you medically do need it for any reason), but as something that will just improve something that is already wonderful. I hope this helped a little and good luck! Jen
Most Active