Hi, I'm new!

jenw82
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi everbody! I just wanted to make a post, since I am "starting the journey" with WLS. I got a referral from my PCP last week and had my consult with the surgeon this morning. Now for the insurance ordeal. Luckily, my PCP has been really great and is starting to document everything in my medical record, so that if I have to do the six month weight loss visit thing that Aetna requires...then it will be easier in the long run. Basically, I am interested in meeting people who have/are going through/will go through similar things. Any advice is appreciated a lot. Jen
JRinAZ
on 4/20/06 8:34 am - Layton, UT
Welcome Jen! Hang in there with that insurance process but be aggressive. Save copies of everything you turn in for the "just in case" they lose things possibilities. You may want to check out the huge and very amazing Tucson support group system tha is available on yahoogroups.com ....Just join the yahoogruops site and then type in ' Tuscon WLS Support Group"....You should be able to get hooked right up.... Hugggz to you, Joyce in Chadler
Loucaz
on 4/26/06 9:18 am - Santa Ana, CA
Linda, we need to send a distress call to all August 2004 members. If they are reading this message feel free to join in the chat. You can tell Linda and me how the Lakers and the Pistons are going to do tonight. Or like Linda says " A "WOW" moment. P.S. S.O.S.
K B (Tucson)
on 4/20/06 10:13 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Jen, what surgery are you considering?
jenw82
on 4/20/06 10:33 am - Tucson, AZ
Well, at my consult my doctor only really discussed Open RNY. But I've been doing some research and I am going to discuss other options, because I'm not sure that's the best option for me. I kind of was in a state of shock this morning and I didn't ask any questions. Next time I think I will bring my mom with me, so that she can help me (I get so nervous that I forget...especially around doctors) remember what to ask.
Loucaz
on 4/26/06 9:57 am - Santa Ana, CA
Build it and they will come. Give them a new car like Oprah and they will come. Reach out and touch someone.
Debra F.
on 4/27/06 2:55 am - Houston, TX
Hi Linda.. I am posting more on the Texas board... as of now I am doing good with the exception of letting my sugar level get too low and getting dizzy and shakes... just not hungry so I forget to eat...and then I am really trying to get my sugar back up quickly.. not a great feeling I am holding between 125 - 130 bouncing in between that.... I am looking into plastics now... after that I should go down to 118 or so.. that is my goal.. I have been told by a few plastic surgeons I have 8 - 12 pounds of skin... I will try and get in the 8/04 board more often... Debra
Kristy T.
on 4/28/06 4:17 am - Stockton, CA
I've been posting on 2 boards lately...my CA board and the post op pregnancy board. I'm happy to say that my biggest WOW moment since surgery was that I was FINALLY able to get pregnant (after 9+ years of trying) at 16 months post op and we're excitedly expecting our baby girl on/around 8/6/06. At first I was worried about weight gain, but my weight gain has been normal and although I'm ok with it because I can tell it's all baby...I'm still careful to not gain too much. I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant now and have gained 15 or so pounds. After our baby girl comes I'll work on getting below my pre-preg weight of 135 to around 130 and then maintaining that until we decide to have our 2nd baby. After that one then it's all about plastic surgery! So...unfortunately I won't be having any done for probably 3 years...but I'll have my babies and be done. Because...ok...this is probably going to sound vain...but...I'm not going to pay all that money for a TT just to stretch it out again. Anyway...that's what's new in my life. Kristy EDD 8/6/06 25w5d It's a girl - Alice Kay
Linda Ton
on 5/5/06 10:31 am - Pontiac, MI
that doesn't sound vain at all, it's actually a very smart plan. Congratulations on your baby!! You are doing a great job with your weight, and this surgery has given you the miracles you wanted. i'm glad to hear you've done so well, i'm so happy to hear from you. Keep in touch. Hugs Linda
Donna B.
on 4/20/06 12:10 pm
Hi Jen, I am also sort of new. I love this website, and I think you can find a lot of advice from just reading the posting. The people here are great and have a lot of information to share. I went to my teaching class which is prior to surgery, and there was a lot of information to absorb. As I had done a lot of prior research on this website, I new most of what they told us anyways. Good Luck with you WL journey. Donna
Most Active