Weekend Help?

JRinAZ
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Layton, UT
My DH and I bought Karchner Caverns tickets a while ago and are thinking we'd better use them before the big heat hits us. So, since we're not familiar with that area, I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions of places to stay? Places to eat? Fun Places to visit and shop around that area? And...is it possible to do it in just one day if we decide not to stay down there? (driving from Chandler) Soooooo, what does everyone have planned for YOUR weekend? Hugggz, Joyce Chandler WLS Support Facilitator [email protected]
Darlene X
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ive never heard of those before... not a native hehehe... Maybe this will help: http://www.pr.state.az.us/Parks/parkhtml/kartchner.html As for our weekend, Hubby wants to get out--- he is fishing obsessed, and because of my surgery and his issues he hasn't been in a while. I think I may pack a small, very small picnic and head out to a lake or the Salt river for some fishing. Im also gonna go "Spring Fling" shopping. I have a few things at home... gonna see what I can find out and about. Darlene
Linda Ton
on 4/26/06 8:19 am - Pontiac, MI
hahaha i wish i was that hot! Of course, anyone one here is welcome to come and visit, including you, anytime. Hugs Linda
meachamw
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Karchner Caverns is beautiful and well worth the trip. You can do it in one day, but I recommend making it a weekend. There are soooo many places to visit. Here's my favorites. Stay at a bed and breakfast in Bisbee. Take the mine tour while you are there. Bisbee is just way cool. Spend a day over at the Chiricahua Mountains. There is a great 3 mile hike through the boulders. If you have kids, spend some time at Tombstone. If you don't have kids, it's pretty lame. Visit the Sonoran Desert Museum in Tucson. Visit the Airforce Museum in Tucson. The list goes on. If I had my way I would 1. Drive to Bisbee Friday or Saturday morning and spend all day Saturday at Bisbee 2. Drive Sunday up to Kartchner Caverns and do the tour Hope you have fun, Bill
JRinAZ
on 4/20/06 8:34 am - Layton, UT
Thanks so much Bill! It's crazy that our family has lived here for 14 years and have seen very little of this great state. We have a cabin up by Yellowstone Park so anytime we can add up enough days to make it work a night or 2 up north then we always go that direction. WE also hae 2 kids in Utah and lots of relatives so that takes our spare long weekends away. But, I am determined to see a few pieces of this state while I'm in the hiking mood! I love your suggestions! It sounds like we'll just have time to tip the possibilities for this round.... Hugggz to you over in Scottsdale! Joyce Chandler WLS Support Group Faciliator [email protected]
Ginger
on 4/20/06 5:47 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Joyce, It looks like you have gotten lots and lots of good advise to plan a wonderful week-end! Oh, I had an appointment with Dr. Wallace as you reccomended. I think he is a good match for me! Sounds like he really is good at making sure the labs are all up to par. I don't feel so lost in the maze anymore! Thanks for your suggestion! Hugs, Ginger
JRinAZ
on 4/21/06 2:57 am - Layton, UT
Yay Ginger! It's nice to have a home doc that can take care of our needs. I've got an apointment in early May with Doc Wallace too. It's labwork time again and I have a few fixer surgeries that I need to get the ball rolling on....this will be the year of body maintenance! LOL! Hugggz, Joyce
Linda Ton
on 4/26/06 10:14 am - Pontiac, MI
that is so true, nobody guesses my age right
Loucaz
on 4/26/06 10:09 am - Santa Ana, CA
Remember, age is how old you feel. I felt like we have an advantage over many people our age. Many people our age are on their way down. We have been reenergized and our hormones are all fired up. While some people are losing steem, we are on fire.
Loucaz
on 4/26/06 10:18 am - Santa Ana, CA
Linda, nice chating with you. I will be leaving the board. I have to do an interview with Geraldo Rivera. (Remember the broken nose with a chair) No, I will not be talking about my surgery. Maybe surgeons that make love letters inside the pouch. (Just a Joke). Take care, and hopefully more members will post messages in the August 2004 board. E-mail any time you want a "WOW" moment or just to say hi. P.S. I also have to get ready to see the Lakers win.
Most Active