Post-op venting

cynthia E.
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - buckeye, AZ
Hi all; Just need to vent some fustrations. When you are obese you have certain medical problems. I had diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood preasure and aches and pains. I have successfully lost 93lbs. I love it but now I have a totally new set of medical problems.. My pre-op problems are totally gone. I have had to have my gallbladder removed. NO more milk products for me. Now I have migranes, spurs on my hips and knee's and the dreaded loose skin. I have been to so many doctors now for my aches and headaches. I have a deviated septim and my sinus are so impacted he couldn't even get the scope up there. The septim has always been slightly bend but now they say I was misdiagnosed with sleep apnea. My sinus are so bad I now need surgery. Nose surgery was not on my list of things I wanted done. I guess here is where need is more important then want. I don't regret having the gastric bypass. My life is much better now. I just hate the fact that I now have a new set of problems. My next surgery is scheduled for 5/18. I feel like I am a surgery junky. I haven't even started on the cosmetic side yet. Just had to get that off my chest. I know I just need to keep the faith but sometimes it can get overwhelming. thanks for listening, Cynthia
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello Cynthia - I was just talking about this subject to a fellow RNY friend of mine! Its funny how we have gone thru a major body transformation, only to have new 'issues' arise! Go figure! I am amazed at how my own body is 'rebelling' in a way - its almost as if its mad I took the layer of comfort (fat) off of it - so its going to act up with a whole new set of physical ailments. Oh well...just remember how great of an accomplishment you have made so far, and you will face these new challenges with determination and faith! Hang in there and take care!
Arizona_Sun
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Gilbert, AZ
For the most part I wonder if we truly have "new" problems. It seems more likely to me that as we clear up the worst issues these other things move to the top of the list. Sandy
Trisha
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Glendale, AZ
New levels....new devils. I think it's just human nature. If it's not one thing, it's another. At least your current set of problems aren't life threatening. I hope you get to feeling better soon and that your pain goes away. Trisha
JRinAZ
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Layton, UT
HOly Cow Cynthia! HOld on to yourself sweetie pie before you fall completely apart! I'm sorry to hear you are having such yuck going on in your life! ...I am just 3 year + post-op and though I have a long list of surgeries ahead of me for this year too.......I am not even close to the medical mess I was as a big fat unhealthy pre-op (speaking of myself only here).....I know there are certainly some trade-offs for some of us. The supplements and labs are a constant balancing act to get right and I am prone to blame every headache and bruise on my WLS ...but, I like you...I would do it all over again.......At least I am not *****ing my finger all day long and giving myself insulin shots anymore! .....knock on wood with me,....hurry! LOL! Hugggz to you and hang in there, Joyce
desert rat
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Goodyear, AZ
I think Sandy has the right idea. They used to treat you for sleep apnea but now that you've lost the weight they had to look for the "real" reason you were having problems. I think a lot of medical professionals jump on the "you're too fat" band wagon and blame EVERYTHING on obesity. Now that they don't have that anymore, they have to look elsewhere. At least as "normal" sized people the medical community will try a little harder to find the cause of our ailments. Good luck and keep the faith, DJ
Loucaz
on 4/26/06 9:30 am - Santa Ana, CA
Your message has been sent out loud and crispy clear. Lets hope more people are out there. COME ON DOWN!
lemarie22
on 4/20/06 7:12 am - Glendale, AZ
Cynthia, Most of the problems you are having now were probably there before or at least started or are a result of weighing almost 100 pounds more than you do now. Sounds like most of these things probably would have cropped up sooner or later anyway. Isn't it a wonderful blessing that you don't have to go through this along with the diabetes, sleep apnea and high blood preasure at the same time. Having your next surgery will be so much safer now that you're not diabetic and don't have high blood pressure. Best of luck to you. Connie
Linda Ton
on 4/26/06 8:09 am - Pontiac, MI
I know i need a new pic, i look totally different, as this one was from last July. My kids broke my camera a few months ago, but i plan on getting a new one this weekend and putting a new pic on here. Are you gonna make me come to california to take your pic too? Hugs Linda
Most Active