My first post!

Donna B.
on 4/12/06 5:15 am
Hi everyone! My name is Donna. I have been reading this board for many months but just never posted. I feel like I know most of you by now. You are all very supportive of each other. I am addicted to this website now, because just reading your posts encourages me. My surgery date it May 16th, with Dr. Fang, at St Lukes. and I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. I actualy had a stomach stapling in 1983, but as I have read in other posts it failed. I had lost 50 lbs and then got very sick with flu and I think the staple line broke, as I gained weight back and much more. Back then there wasn't the support that there is today, and as Dr was over 200 miles away I just never went back to have it checke. Funny thing is when I went to see Dr. Fang, he had worked with the surgen that had done my first surgery. Small world. Hope to hear from you all.
Darlene X
on 4/12/06 5:59 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi and welcome!!! Both Hubby & I had Dr Fang and just love him! he is a great guy! Congrats on your date and good luck!!!! Darlene
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/12/06 10:26 am - Tucson, AZ
I am also a 1979 Gastric Stapling failure...never even lost 50 lbs....staples tore out within 2 months of surgery. I swore I would never do it again.....wellllll. 17 months now after RNY with Dr. Fang I am 178 lbs down 19 lbs to goal. Dr. Fang has told me I am his most successful revision so far....you might beat me---you never know...but I am going to get to goal and have the entire 197 lbs off. Sandy in Tucson 347/169/150
JRinAZ
on 4/12/06 6:02 pm - Layton, UT
Sandy! You are amazing! I love hearing about your races to the top of mountains and your incredible loss of the pounds! Holy Cow! YOu are one very determiend woman! ....But, I'll tell you, "IF" I were able to lose 197 pounds then I think I'd be dressing lightly just so I could "say" that I'd lost 200!!!! That's close enough for some special award; don't you think???? Weigh 2 Go!!!! Joyce
Most Active