jenisrn7
on 4/9/06 2:14 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Hello all! My name is Jennifer and I live in Goodyear. I am hoping to have a lap band done in the near future. My insurance will kick in in 30 days. I have waited a long time for this. My general health continues to worsen due to my weight. I'm tired, sore and depressed. I am looking in to 2 different programs St. Luke's and Banner Good Samaritan. Does anyone else's hands swell when they walk with them down at their sides? Last night I was at the hospital because a I hurt my back, they said it is a sciatic nerve injury, probably because of my weight. Any reccomendations on surgeons in the area? jen
K B (Tucson)
on 4/9/06 2:21 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi bandster wannabe! Good to read your post. I also am a bandster (I hate that name, but I have gotten used to it to describe my wls). I was banded in Mexico. I hear Terry Simpson may be a good band surgeon. I know 2 recent bandsters who had him do their surgery, so you can talk to them if you want to. Email me if you are interested. Also look on the surgery type OH forum for the lapband for support. Good luck.
azbigmamma
on 4/9/06 2:41 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
HI Jennifer, I also have the problem of hands swelling when i walk.It is the weirdest thing. But I also have problems with swelling in my legs and ankles.My hands swell even if my feet are not swollen.My primary dr. told me that it is impossible and it is in my head. But I just had another dr. take blood tests on me and my kidney functions are very low. But my primary says he is not worried about it. I only urinate maybe 2 or 3 times a day if i am lucky. That would be a good day. And it makes no diff how much I drink. I always have a drink with me ( not alcohol ). I stay so thirsty. They even tried water pills on me and they do the opposite of what they are suppose to do. They make the swelling worse. So I would talk to your dr. and see if he can run some tests on your kidney functions, that might be a start. I do not know if there are any surgeons in your area but I think the most of the wls patients come to phoenix. Arizona I was todl is the capital of the wls for the U.S. But I don't know that for sure. Hope everything works out for you. Tanya
jenisrn7
on 4/10/06 11:03 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hi all. Thanks for the posts. I will talk to my doc about the kidney function studies, but the truth is he doesn't seem to really listen to me. I need to change doctors. Anyway I am talking to various people regarding surgeons, there are a lot of them here. The problem is just choosing one. I'm also counting the days until my insurance kicks in. I am actually feeling optimistic this time. This will be my second attempt and the regulations have changed so much with the insurance company and this time it's to my benefit!!!!! well, thanx to all... jen
Most Active