Tucson Support groups?

MacArthurBug
on 3/28/06 11:29 am - KY
Hiya all! I'm pre-op, but inching ever closer to my surgery. I'm wondering if any of you know where I'd go to find support groups locally here in Tucson. I've been advised to start going NOW so I can get comfortable with the group dynamic. Any help that can be offered would help!
K B (Tucson)
on 3/28/06 12:12 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi,I'm from tucson. I have been looking for groups also. I had lap band surgery. What are you getting? Several bandsters (I don't know anyone yet) are trying to gett a group started and plan to meet next Sat at Applebees on Wetmore. I have not been given a time yet. You are welcome. Email me.
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/28/06 8:55 pm - Tucson, AZ
[email protected] is the web site for Tucson group.........98% are RNY people.....but a few lap banders attend from time to time. There is a support group meeting next Tues. -church north of Saquaro HS on Camino Seco...new people be there 6:25 for presentation. Regualar meeting is at 7:00 pm. We support all types of weight loss surgery. I highly recomend you go to the OH convention that TUSWLS is putting on at the U of A hospital, April 8, U of A hospital, it is an OH sponosered event. It will be $45 now at the door. I have been to 2 other OH events...Phx last year and Costa Mesa last Dec....I would not miss this event in Tucson. So, much info. Plus, I truly feel we should support OH........this is the best web site. There is a banner at the top of this page with all the details. I can not believe any one post-op or pre-op would not redo their schedules to support OH at this convention. OH does so much for us....just this message board is sooooooooooo worth the $45 in one years time for support. I believe in support groups and I beleive in going to the OH conventions for successful weight loss....forever. I can only only take care of me......I so recomend anyone considering going to the OH Event April 8...to just do it. Sandy in Tucson 175 lbs down
tucsonrose
on 3/29/06 4:33 am - tucson, AZ
Hello, I have not had the siugery yet but thought it would be a good idea to attend a support group. What do you think? I have so many questions. Does the group meet on a certain day and time every month? I am attending the OH convention.
MacArthurBug
on 3/29/06 5:31 am - KY
I'm planning on attending the Tucson event, if I can. I'm having RNY procedure because it seems the best fit for me. Hopefully there'll be some info on groups at the OH event.. that'd be nice.
kbrn756
on 4/5/06 11:59 pm - Frankston, TX
Hi, Just wanted to update everyone, St. Joseph's Medical Center also has support groups in Tucson. 4/15 10-12 4th floor rehab conference room. For the other dates that are scheduled go to carondelet.org and follow to the Bariatric Page. We welcome anyone, we will always have an educational component, the support group is led by Debbie Newman, Social Worker and Chaplain Cheryl Weiss. Please come.
Most Active