Plastic Surgery

llakin
on 3/28/06 3:38 am - surprise, AZ
I had a tummy tuck performed by Dr. Michele C. DeVito, who is in Phoenix, AZ. My results have been quite amazing. I'm am very pleased with her and her staff, and will be going back for more surgery once I have saved up!
K B (Tucson)
on 3/28/06 5:05 am - Tucson, AZ
Can I ask the cost? I will be a self pay. Alsos the pain level and recovery time needed Thanks.
llakin
on 3/29/06 4:40 am - surprise, AZ
Hi, Sure, I can tell you what I paid. It was a total of $8500.00. What was nice at her office is the staff gave me a cost estimate after meeting with her of the break down of fees. They listed her fees, then the surgery center fees and the anesthesia fees all seperate. I had a lot of pain probably the first 3-4 days and then by the 2nd week I was back to work. You will have 2 drains coming out either side of your tummy. My first one was removed about a week after surgery and then the other one was removed about 2 weeks after surgery. Oh, they also had me wear compression garments for 6 weeks. The first one had zippers on both sides because of wearing the drains and then they put me in to the second one which didn't have any zippers. I liked these garments because it made me feel more secure and together. My scar has healed very nice and is very fine. I also liked Dr. DeVito because she is a female doctor which was a plus when I met her. Also, I had checked her out on the azirona medical board of examiners. I had heard about this website from a friend of mine. It's where you can check out any doctor in Arizona and see if they've had any lawsuits and disciplinary action brought against them. I really liked this feature. One more thing, I just picked up the issue of Phoenix Top Docs and her profile and picture was listed in there, which made me feel even better. I could tell by the before/after photos she had shown me in her office, that she was really good at surgery. Sorry, this is so long, but I'm just so pleased with my results. One more thing, I liked my consultation at her office, because I actually got to meet with her and discuss everything with her instead of with just a cosmetic consultant that worked there. I went to a couple of other offices first, and they just had me watch a video and speak with a cosmetic consultant instead of meeting with the doctors, which I felt was a little tacky. Well, I hope all of this helps you. I can give you her office number too. It's 602-468-2000. She is located just north of Camelback Rd on 40th street. Take Care!
Brandy H
on 3/29/06 12:53 am - Glendale, AZ
when did you have your tummy tuck? how post op were you? how much had you lost. i want more info. i am planning on getting newer perkier boobs in probably july (i hope) or in 40 more whichever comes first. then i want to be at a stable weight and i plan on getting the tummy tuck done also. how did you hear about your dr? does she deal alot with weight loss patients? brandy
JRinAZ
on 3/29/06 1:08 am - Layton, UT
Hey Brandy, A great place to get information for post-op plastics is on the local Arizona site. It's a yahoo groups site...I think the addy is: [email protected] They have links to all the surgeons that specialize in WLS plastics...and lots of dialogue between people on their experiences, their looks, their research, etc. I've been to 6 consults and have oodles of prices and opinions...I have one more yet to go to before deciiding. I'm looking for a specific type of tummy tuck and not all of them will do it so....the next one I'm gonig to "Dr Lillie" in Scottsdale is supposed to specialize in it . I want the (anchor cut). Just e-mail me if you are unable to find that site...I may have typed it wrong! Joyce [email protected]
Brandy H
on 3/29/06 4:24 am - Glendale, AZ
hey joyce! thanks for the info...but i think it might be wrong. my computer is saying i cannot display the page. email me! i am wanting to start going for a couple of consults on the ever shrinking boobies starting in a month or so. i think i am going to have to have a lift and implants. sigh. money money money. but my husband got a new quad so this is what i get! hey, technically doesn't that mean he is going to get 3 new toys?!! Hah. thanks again, email me with the correct site! brandy
JRinAZ
on 3/29/06 5:33 am - Layton, UT
LOL! I'm sure your DH will be thrilled with all of is toys!.....O.K. ...I'm not sure how to give you the exact link cuz that should have worked so here's the layman's steps.......sorry if it's long..... go to www.yahoogroups.com and join if you havn't already.... Then on the home page SEARCH window type: AZWLS Plastic Surgery. It should get you to the site.... I have had consults with Dr. Wienr, Dr. Mazaheri, Dr. Cory, Dr. PTak and in Tucson: Dr Gwen Maxwell and Dr. Collins. I met with all the doctor's themselves and all were free consults with the excepton of: Cory, PTak and Maxwell which was just like $50 or $75...that money will be put towards the surgery price typically. I thought all of them were great in some aspects but I have just one more that I'm interested in and then I'll decide. It's such a personal choice....like our weight loss surgery that's there's really not a bad answer if YOU feel good about it! I'm a little behind in getting mine because it's going to be out of pocket and frankly it's taken a while to save that big bunch of money! Most folks get there's before they are 2 years post-op...oh well, better late than not at all! Good luck in your hunt! Joyce
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/29/06 6:56 am - Tucson, AZ
I need more than tummy tuck...had one in 1998......It cost $6,000 back then. And it well worth it. I have pretty flat tummy now. This time I will get a LBL . My friend is getting one in may with Dr. Taki here in Tucson $12,000. To me that is good price. LBL have amazing results. My friend was 300 lbs got to 145 lbs in 11 months.....she was self pay Rny. I was alittle heavier...but we both look the same...height....age.....race....so I am dying to see her results. I have know a few that have traveled to Costa Rica for the LBL. About $9,000 there...not sure it is worth the trouble to save $3,000....maybe if I saved $5,000. Sandy in tucson
Most Active