Not planning on coming to the Spring Fling?

JRinAZ
on 3/26/06 11:37 pm - Layton, UT
I'm not planning on attending because.... 1. Can't afford the $10.00 ticket? then....e-mail me privately. 2. Don't have anything to wear? then....post your desired size and we'll find something OR.....e-mail me privately. 3. Don't like the facility? Well, you can't drink or smoke there BUT there is much much much FUN waiting to happen inside those walls! 4. Afraid the Church building will collapse? ....NOT to worry, I go in there regularly and it is still standing! P.S. Absolutely ZERO religion will be part of this event; we're just going to enjoy a beautiful facility that is FREE! 5. Don't know anyone? then...you'll be one of several who hasn't met before and our 9 hostesses will be introducing themselves, and you to others. It's the perfect reason you SHOULD attend! 6. Afraid we'll bash your doc or your surgery? .....We won't even bring up anyone's surgeon or their type of surgery. This is about nibbling on fun potluck dishes, hearing an inspiring speaker, visiting and dancing and celebrating a journey for a better quality of life! 7. Don't like someone attending the event? Not to worry, the facility is huge, YOU will choose your seat at one of the many round tables; OR you can ask a hostess to help you find a seat with friends that may be from your area... and you won't even have to come in contact with that person. Besides, no one should dictate your choice for having fun. Don't give them that power! 8. Don't have a date? .....very few do! Much of the dancing is "line" dancing (taught by the DJ) and none of us have partners. 9. Too far away? ....many are coming from out of the Phoenix area. Let me know if a place to stay is a problem and we'll find you some hotel options...OR, enjoy my floor space! 10. Afraid you won't be the smallest one there? Oh my goodness! This is OUR community.....who better to understand the diversity in body shapes and sizes! 11. Don't think you can think of anything yummy for the potluck? ....then just bring a pack of Crystal light to stir into the punch bowl, or some cheese cubes, or a bag of baby carrots...EASY! 12....Hmmmmmmm, Can't think of another reason not to come? Me either! So quickly send me your RSVP, circle the date in INK on your calendar, and start planning to have the best time of your life!!!!! Hugggz! Joyce [email protected] Once Upon a Journey...~a magical evening~ Friday, April 28th 6:30: Meet and Greet 7:00: Potluck Dinner with Guest Speaker, Dr. Barbara Maxwell: "Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall..." Post-Op Spotlight: Darcie Ebelkraut 8:00: Dancing, Visiting, Photos, Dance Instruction, Contests, Door Prizes, FUN, FUN, FUN!
Arizona_Sun
on 3/26/06 11:55 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Okay Joyce - I have list number 13 here as I suspect it does apply to many people. 13. Weigh more than last year, in a size larger dress - BUT I am still coming!!!!! Bought a new dress that fits great. This is such a fun event (even for she who does not dance and rarely wears a dress) and my hubby will be taking unprofessional photos again and I will make up CDs for all who attend if they would like (free). Sandy
Sondra J. S.
on 3/27/06 5:31 am - Show Low, AZ
Hi Ladies, and Gents, My option is not on the list.....I don't have a car that'll make it over the mountains, my lil car won't make it....It sounds like so much fun though. Wish I could be there... Sondra
JRinAZ
on 3/27/06 5:50 am - Layton, UT
Sondra! How are you doing? Walking? Getting in water? Holding down some nutrition? Soooooo walking over the hills and through the woods is not an option huh? LOL! .... I guess that would be reason # 13!!!!! ......There will be another one next year! (if someone else is crazy enough to plan it! LOL!) Joyce
Celeste R
on 3/28/06 5:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
What event is this and where?? I live in Maricopa and I so need to get back into a support group. Please let me know I need to meet people that are supportive and help get my butt back into gear!!!! I have been eating so bad. I'm snacking again Please let me know and I will be there. Thanks!!! Celeste Lap RNY 5/19/05 270/152/135
JRinAZ
on 3/29/06 12:41 am - Layton, UT
Hi Celeste! You can go back iand view the older posts ....for the details (address, etc.) But, the Spring Fling is kind of a WLS prom of sorts. We started it last year and had a blast! It's being held in Chandler at a lovely church facility (religion will NOT have anything to do with the event). We'll have a potluck dinner, a DJ will be there that will play a variety of types of music and will be teaching lots of line dances! So, no need to have a date, though a date is certainly welcome! ...we'll hae some fun contests, door prizes (donations are welcome!)....meet on-line friends, re-new old friendships, ...well, you get the idea...it's one giant WLS get together for EVERYONE..whetehr they are pre-op, post-op, Lap Band, Rny, Blackstone pts, Fang pts, had surgery in Mexico...etc! No team rivalry allowed! LOL! So...just contact me (Joyce) if you have any other qustions....I think the old post said "Spring Fling" in the subject line.... Surrounding ourselves with support is a key to being "on track" with our journey! Joyce
Most Active