Im home...

Darlene X
on 3/22/06 10:10 am - Maricopa, AZ
We got home around 3pm this afternoon. This won't be a long update cause Im feeling very tired and lightheaded--- meds I assume. I feel like crap! LOL I cried the whole way down the hall, and while they prepped me for surgery in the OR..... Bob the anestesiologist (Sp?) told me "Night Night Sweetheart"..... Then I woke in recovery... seemed like I was only there 5 minutes, I don't remember much. The first thought that went through my head was "It doesnt hurt as bad as I thought" I slept a lot day 1, pain was ok-- dispite the morphine seemed to have no effect--- my machine kept screwing up. Day 2 sucked, I was fine till about 2pm when they took mer for an upper GI--- my pain medication wasnt working, and I was down there an hour--- the most traumatic experience out of everything. I came back feeling so sick and drained and in a lot of pain. They took me off my IV and put me on liquid med's (lortab) which makes the world so much better, but makies me very sleepy. Im pretty sore and tired, feel very light headed and all I want to do is sleep... Im having a hard time getting water in which is scary..... I'll update again when Im a little more clear headed...
Arizona_Sun
on 3/22/06 10:28 am - Gilbert, AZ
Just take care of yourself and get the rest. You already know the sip sip sip mantra. Glad you are home and soon you will be feeling much better. Sandy
mrs.3m
on 3/22/06 11:59 am - Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the losing side Darlene. Yes, the first few weeks suck, remember that it does get better, I promise. Melissa
Randi D.
on 3/22/06 3:25 pm - Peoria, AZ
Darlene, Welcome home. I am so glad you're doing well. Life is so much better on the losing side. Randi 360/204/160
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/06 10:23 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome home Darlene - I am so happy for you and relieved that everything went according to plans. Hurry back to the chatroom when you're feeling stronger! Take care kiddo! (Az Deb)
FakeBake
on 3/23/06 12:18 am - AZ
Darlene, I'm glad you are home, and on the recovery side! It is very hard the first couple of weeks. But like the other posters said, it does get alot easier as time goes by. I'm 6 months already, it is hard to believe! feel great! Just take care of yourself, do what the doc wants you to do, and get in your liquids, popcicles whatever you can do! Congrats to you! Hugs Tara
schootzie
on 3/23/06 1:40 am - Mesa, AZ
Congrats sweetheart, I'm glad to hear your home... Hope to meet you soon on the losing side. Get plenty of rest and post when you can. Liza
Tiffany McGee
on 3/23/06 3:01 am - Glendale, AZ
I hope you are feeling better today sweetie! How is the water intake today? Take care of yourself! *HUGS* Tiff
VeeKay
on 3/23/06 8:08 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Congrats Darlene,,,Im sure your not up to par yet but from what everyone says, everyday gets better and better. Glad you made it thru easily. I pray I have the same.. Only 10 more days.... Take care of youself. Vee
DIANAH
on 3/23/06 9:14 am - East valley, AZ
Hi Vee, how are you doing? I was thinking of you, you're almost there with the rest of us. I have to tell you the conversation I had with Nicole... LOL Call or e-mail me. Diana
Most Active