4 month check up

kmastin
on 3/8/06 9:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am so happy! I went for my 4 month check up today, and have lost another 12 lbs, making my total 89 lbs!! Only 29 lbs. to go to goal! I also saw my nutritionist, and have no food restrictions now. I hope I make good choices, and continue to exercise. I really think exercise is the key. I read so many things on this board that motivate me, even if I don't post often enough! I still can't believe I've gone from a size 24 to a 14/16 in four months! This surgery is a treasured gift I hope to use the rest of my life. Karen
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 6:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
Awesome Karen I am SO happy for you!! I will be having my WLS on MONDAY!! 3/13 So I am sure going to be able to fit into those clothes you gave me VERY soon!! THANKS Again!! CONGRATS!!! Kim
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/9/06 7:52 am - Tucson, AZ
I agree, exercise is the key. Why? I am 16 months out...can eat anything...nothing much bothers me now. Guess what???...you eat more...bec nothing bothers you and you are hungier.....so to keep the weight coming off...or not to gain...you got to move....no way around it. Yes, ythe surgery is a treasured gift-what a wonderful way to describe WLS. I am walking a 10k this Sat for the cure of cancer. It is walk from Cholla HS to "A" mtn in Tucson, Az. I am so excited to be able to do it phyiscally...before surgery I drove my truck to the mailbox...one block away from my house. Sandy in Tucson
JRinAZ
on 3/9/06 9:15 am - Layton, UT
Karen, You are losing a zillion miles an hour! Holy Cow Congrats to you!!!!! ....You're going to be in the single digit clothes before you know it!!! Keep up the good work and keep on exercising....Many of us have found that when that 18 month window of losing stops or slows down that the exercise is the main thing that keeps it off; along with disciplined food choices. Keep us posted on your progress! You are inspiring to all of us! Huggzzzz! Joyce
Do-over Girl
on 3/11/06 2:50 am - Tempe, AZ
Karen--congrats! You are doing so well and look wonderful! Thanks for the clothes...I have already worn a few of them to work. I look forward to seeing you again at the SBC support groups. It's great to hear such wonderful news and see how much the surgery has helped you on many levels. JMF
Most Active