Dining Suggestions in Tucson!

SharB
on 3/8/06 5:54 am - Ridgecrest, CA
Hi Arizonians! Could you please suggest restaurants in Tucson? We'll be there for the OH conference and I'm looking for gastric-bypass friendly options. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Sharon
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/8/06 7:06 am - Tucson, AZ
There is Boston Chicken near the conference...Speedway and Campbell directly on the NE corner...like 2-3 blocks south of the hospital. Sandy in Tucson
SharB
on 3/8/06 7:35 am - Ridgecrest, CA
Thanks, Sandy!
K B (Tucson)
on 3/8/06 9:23 am - Tucson, AZ
I am a bandster not a rny'er,but maybe ai can help. What kind of food are you hungry for.You are right at the U of A so there are lots of ethnic food choices and fish restaurants near there too.
SharB
on 3/9/06 1:11 am - Ridgecrest, CA
Hi KB! Do you know if any of the ethnic restaurants make allowances for adults requesting "childs plates"? Thanks!
Laurel_M
on 3/8/06 11:02 am - Goodyear, AZ
El Charro is awesome, its not too far from the convention center it is authentic mexican food, there maybe somethings you can have.
SharB
on 3/9/06 1:13 am - Ridgecrest, CA
Hi Laurel! I LOVE Mexican food. Again, the same question to you - do you know if they make allowances for adults requesting "child's plates"? Thank you very much! Sharon
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/9/06 1:28 am - Tucson, AZ
No they do not.......I am pretty positive. I doubt if they offer children's plates. You can get food a la catre most resteraunts if you do not want a full meal. Sandy in Tucson
Stephanie J.
on 3/10/06 5:10 am - Tucson, AZ
My advice is to just give up on trying to find child's plates at most restaurants. Usually the child's plate items are going to be greasy, crappy things that aren't good for you to eat in the first place. Bite the bullit and pay the price for whatever you like and take a to go box if you need to - or order off the alacarte menu - or just scavenge a little off the plates fo the people you're with, all good options. El Charro downtown is a goood restaurant. You'll like it. - Stephanie
mfergusont
on 3/10/06 6:03 am
Like Sandy said, my favorite is Boston Market on the corner of Campbell and Speedway, just a block or 2 from the convention. I go there for lunch a lot when I am in town and I get a kids meal- it is just as much chicken as the adult meal and it is way less!! I have noticed that not too many restaurants in town let you order from the kids meal, but then again the choices aren't that great anyhow. 2 places that I have eaten off the kids meal and they have healthy choices are: Texas Roadhouse (1 on Wilmot and Broadway, 1 on Cortaro Rd. and I-10, exit 245, I think?) and at the Cracker Barrel which is off Cortaro Rd. and I-10. I got babyback ribs from the Texas Roadhouse and grilled chicken and veggies from the Cracker Barrel. But pretty much any mexican food is going to work- but they won't let you order from the kids meal. I like La Parrilla Suiza, on Speedway and Craycroft. I get the chicken enchiladas and I just eat the chicken meat with a few bites of beans. I never have leftovers b/c I eat all the chicken but it does cost $8.
Most Active