Car Wreck!

Pamela E.
on 3/2/06 12:14 am - Buckeye, AZ
This past Saturday my 10 year old grandson and I were involved in a five car pile-up on the West I-60 in Tempe. My Corvette was car number three, so we were smashed up pretty good. I managed to avoid hitting the car in front of me when she hit her brakes hard, but when I looked into my rearview mirror and saw the car behind me, I knew we were going to be rammed hard - and we were. This pushed me right into the car in front of us. I was quite dazed, and asked Tyler if he was hurt. His back was sore, but he was able to move. Next thing I knew, a paramedic was putting neck braces on us and lifting us both onto stretchers and into an ambulance. We were taken to different hospitals, which made me frantic, as I knew Tyler would be all alone. His mother was in Laughlin for the weekend and we were babysitting. I spent the rest of the day in the emergency room on morphine and getting catscans done. It was truly horrible. I had a concussion and the biggest black eye you've ever seen, whiplash of the neck/back, and serious contusions of the chest/abdominal and side from the seatbelt. I called SBC and spoke with Randy Hamilton about the pain killers they prescribed at the ER, and he recommended I also take some Pepcid to prevent an ulcer because of the stress. I was already sick to my stomach. The next few days have been fraught with migraines and great discomfort. Tyler missed just one day of school, but he's alright too. Thank God for watching over us and being with the medical teams that cared for us that day. We were truly fortunate. My car did not get totalled, but has about $15,000 + worth of damages. It will take a month or so to get it fixed. Two days after the accident I went for about a 45 minute walk and ended up running a fever. So I am temporarily unable to exercise and my weight loss has stalled again (grrrr!), but I'll get back into my walks a little at a time. Life is good, and I'm just happy to be alive.
JRinAZ
on 3/2/06 2:56 am - Layton, UT
Pamela, So glad that you and Tyler are alive and able to tell the story!!!! Hopefully you'll get enough of a settlement from this mess to relax on some far away dreamy island and recover! Of course you'll be sipping protein drinks instead of ****tails, right? You have an amazing attitude! Feel better soon! Joyce
Most Active