Help! Local Support Groups? OEA?

Laurel_M
on 2/26/06 7:05 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hello All, I'm new to the board, I live in the west valley (goodyear). I am planning on having Lap-Band surgery and was hoping to find a local WLS support group, any ideas? The only thing I can find is Over-Eaters Anonymous- Does anyone know how they are about WLS?? I'm feeling a little isolated, my husband is great but can't really relate to this and I'm a little reluctant to talk to family and friends, they are kind of weird about it... they just don't get it you know? I'm sure the question has been asked a million times, so I really appreciate your help. Thanks Laurel
Tiffany McGee
on 2/27/06 12:45 am - Glendale, AZ
Hey Laurel - There is a WLS Support Group meeting March 4th at Banner Estrella Hospital at 10am in conference room #1. That is the brand new hospital at 91st Ave and Thomas. Hope that helps. Take Care and Good Luck! Tiff
judyanne
on 3/3/06 10:05 am - Duarte, CA
I am a Californian who had RNY in April 2005. I will be visiting my daughter in Phoenix April 15-19. She lives on the west side of Phoenix near the 101 and 10. Any support groups meeting near there then? Judy
Most Active