I'm goin' doctor huntin'

Ginger
on 2/13/06 10:41 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Everybody, Next week I will be 3 months out. Dr. Fang was my surgeon---great guy, but I need a bariatric doctor closer by. I hate driving to Phoenix. I am looking for a doctor in the east valley area. I still have 2 other doctors that I am seen for on a regular basis. My family doctor was supportive of me having the wls...he wrote the letter/signed me off on the 6-month diet...but basically this whole area is new to him. I met a lady this Fall who had RNY and she told me the name of her bariatric doctor. He didn't do her surgery..but he knows what tests to order and how to handle the different complications that sometimes comes with wls. I believe he was located in Tempe. If I saw his name again..I'd be able to recognize it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I just think some doctors are very vauge about how to handle a wls patient. I'm lookin' for a pro!! Hugs, Virginia aka Ginger
K B (Tucson)
on 2/13/06 11:21 pm - Tucson, AZ
Teery Simpson advertises that he is in Chandler. I think his office staff post on this site. He has a website as well. I peronally know nothing about him, but his patient reviews on this website are good.
Ginger
on 2/13/06 11:28 pm - Chandler, AZ
Thanks, I'll check that one out! Hugs Ginger
JRinAZ
on 2/14/06 12:52 am - Layton, UT
Hey there Ginger, Dr. Simpson is a Lap Band Surgeon and is clear over on Bethan HOme and 19th AVe. ...Tooooooo far away and probably not what you had in mind. ... My pcp: Dr. Gary Wallace is a great doc and very supportive of WLS post-ops. He has 2 nurses on staff that have had the surgery. BUT...when it's time for my labs, I just take in a printed off list and he fills out the lab slips and then helps me read them when they come back. You can get a great list of lab requirements in the file section of one of the graduate sites: Join the yahoogroups.com and then in the Search window type: OSSG_Off_track This site is for grads who are 1 year post-op or more and have had some regain or some complications as a post-op. You can lurk and learn there until you qualify at 1 year post-op. BUT...they have got the best information for post-ops in their files of any site that I have studied. Their lab list is excellent and if your doc fills that order then you will stay healthy long term! Many docs don't request the vitamin levels or worry about your B12 or ferritin....these are a must. More and more post-ops are crashing from lack of iron (can be fatal) and/or from low B12 (shoot for numbers over 1000)....low B12 can cause multiple problems; the most common is loss of memory, fuzzy brain and brain damage! Everyone should be taking sublingual B12's (found at Trader JOe's). Anyway...I go on and on with TMI every time! Sorry bout that! I'm glad you re pro-active in getting some great post-op care. Your body will be happy for a thousand years from now! Hugggzzz to you! Joyce BTW...there's a Chandler support mtg on the 28th! See you there?
Ginger
on 2/15/06 1:27 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Joyce, Where is Doctor Wallace's office located?? Looking forward to the 28th..sounds like fun. Ginger
JRinAZ
on 2/16/06 1:14 am - Layton, UT
Ginger, Dr. Gary Wallace : Guadalupe and Greenfield (Gilbert area) (480) 964-5800 Hope to see you on the 28th! It sounds like you have had a challenging start to your WL journey! I'm soooooo sorry about that sweetie pie but your attitutde sounds positive still! Good for you! .....Just tackle your health and win! Huggggggzzzzzz to you, Joyce
VeeKay
on 2/14/06 11:18 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
He only does Lap band,,,what about Dr Blackstone in Scottsdale?? I hear good things about her. Vee
Ginger
on 2/14/06 12:49 pm - Chandler, AZ
Is that you Vee??? How are you?? Have you decided to do lap band or RNY?? Let us know when you get your surgery scheduled. ((((((((((((Big Hugs to you!)))))))))))))))) Here's to your family staying healthy Hugs Virginia aka Ginger
Darlene X
on 2/14/06 1:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im lucky cause I work just around the corner from St Lukes--- so even though I live far away from Dr Fang's office--- It's just a 5 minute trip from work I hope you find someone good Darlene
VeeKay
on 2/14/06 11:18 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Yes, it is me. I was looking into the DS, that is how I happened across Dr Simpson, but he now only does lap band, so I guess I will be staying with the RNY, if I can ever get my surgeon to give me a new date. It was supposed to be March, but I called 2 weeks ago, and she said she would call me back last week, and I still haven't heard from them, Good thing I guess, cause your not gonna believe this,,,but I am sick again. Getting better finally, but I had the cough and now I have laryngitis. Sorry I been so scarce, but when I posted my last update and you and TT were the only replies I got, well, I guess I felt that "outta sight,,,outta mind" kind of applies to me on that board. No one seemed real intersted that I was back, so I kinda slipped away. I still lurk, here and over there, but rarely post. I really apprecaite your reply, sure does make me feel good. Hope that you are doing better, and that you find a GOOD doc to take care of you. Vee
Most Active