Product (my) Opinions

Michele M.
on 2/12/06 8:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Previously I told someone that the AchievOne Coffee protein drinks tasted like an old sock. Well, maybe it was the ketosis talking cause I had TWO of them today and they rock! Hi-Health here in Arizona carries them so I stopped in to see what else they might have. Lo & behold they also have my beloved PowerCrunch bars! Anyway, first things first. This store had ONE lonely bottle left, of Vanilla Nut. I LOVED it! The manager is ordering me a few cases, and her price was way better than what I found online, and NO shipping costs yay! Later on in the day I passed a second Hi-Health store, so I stopped in. They had one lonely bottle left of the Cappucino flavor, which is the one I tried before and didn't like. Well, it no longer tasted like an old sock. However, I still prefer the Vanilla Nut and Mocha flavors instead. Ok, moving along. Rockinroll Bars that everyone keeps raving about. I've heard them compared to Payday candy bars, well I do NOT agree. As a matter of fact I think they taste like cardboard. Paydays are salty/sweet, and these are NOT. I ate half of it, even tried putting salt on it, but BLEH. No thanks =) So even tho the AchievOne drinks are on the pricey side, if I can keep it down to a dull roar (not have them EVERY day) its not too bad. Anyways, just my opinion on these products =) Happy Sunday, everyone! Michele (by the way, I'm crossposting this to Grads, Main, and AZ boards)
Sandy in Tucson
on 2/12/06 9:21 am - Tucson, AZ
choc Unjury protein powder in your own coffee......with hazelnut s/f syrup from Starbucks...makes one wonderful drink...better in my opinion than those achieve one drinks. i drink 2 unjury drinks perday cheaper than one Achieve one drink. Sandy in Tucson
Trisha
on 2/13/06 4:37 am - Glendale, AZ
ROFLOL about adding salt to the "payday" protein bar. How funny! there's one out there called Odyssey that "tastes" like snickers,but it is WAY high in calories, but good. That red-wrapper one, maybe that's the one you are talking about tastes like payday, is good, but I think it's one of the higher calorie bars - it's like 450 cals or something outrageous like that. I LOVE the power crunch bars. I may get me a box of that from the store (save on shipping costs). Those are so yummy, a bit dry, but good. Funny how we try something once and hate it and later on we love it. Our bodies are funny things. Only God knows why things change. Weird. LOL Thanks for posting some product feedback. It's fun trying new things! Hugs, Trisha
Michele M.
on 2/13/06 9:29 am - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Red and orange wrapper, 290 calories, 2 grams of sugar, and it tastes like cardboard. Michele
Most Active