WOW Wow wow.... (Long)

Darlene X
on 2/11/06 9:43 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ok Guys!!!! I have to post this wow moment for Hubby. Im so happy right now!!! Ok, so we all know the price of being fat right? paying 3-4 times more for clothing than others. We all know the horrible price of clothing at Men's Big & Tall stores, Lane Bryant etc.... Going into surgery Hubby wore a size 58 waist. We only ever shop at Big & Tall stores (I don't think Hubby has ever shopped normal stores being 350+ out of High School), and would pay $45-$80 or more for a pair of jeans ($45 being the cheapo jeans). A few weeks after surgery Hubby bought a tight size 56, not because he needed a smaller size, but because he desperately needed jeans, so we got them tight knowing they would soon be loose. And now, they are very baggy on him, but he is wearing his clothes as long as he can because we cant afford to buy more new clothing that he will just shrink out of. We'll today I had to stop by Walmart. I figure, what the heck--- Im curious, I'll just go see what size the mens pants there go to. To my surprise I found many a style jeans in a size 50. They were only $15, and I figured what the heck, I want to see how far Hubby has to go before we can buy him Walmart jeans, so I bought a pair. When I told him I got Walmart jeans he freaked out--- like Walmart jeans would ever fit him??? I told him the size, and he too was surprised they went bigger, so he agreed to give them a try. Heck if they didn't fit they would in a month or so. SO when we got home, I asked him to try them on. I was excited.... he slipped them on, wow the legs werent tight, and buttoned them up. Slightly tight like when he bought his 56 jeans after surgery, but comfortable enough to wear!! I was so happy for him!!! We can buy THREE pairs of pants from Walmart for the price of one at a Big & Tall store. Now Hubby is totally excited to go to Walmart and look at some more pants (He didnt like the style jean I got, so we have to swap anyway hehehe). In a few weeks they should fit just perfect!!! This is a HUGE step for him. He thought he was stuck with expensive Big & Tall store clothing forever.... I can't even begin to express again how proud I am of him... Sorry this was so long, I had to run straight to the computer to tell everyone....hehehehehe Darlene EJ: 520/382/200 Me: Pending Ins. Approval, 5'10", 336lbs
Do-over Girl
on 2/11/06 11:55 am - Tempe, AZ
I wanted to mention another store for plus sizes & other sizes; --men, women (up to 4-6x), teens, missy, juniors, kids.... The big news is nothing is over $5.00 And sale items are 2 for $5 and some items $.99. Susie's Deals just opened a new location in Scottsdale SW corner of Hayden and Thomas. They have everything from jeans, shorts, tops, sweats, etc. Lots of Justmysize sweat shirts, jackets and some shorts. You never know what you will find. Tonight I was looking at the men's shorts--nice khaki ones with the original price tags still on them up to size 58! Susie's Deals is mainly overstocks and closeouts. I had been going to the one in Kingman when I visit my sister every few months. I'm so psyched to have one near me now. They do have locations all over the valley, and stores elsewhere in AZ--Tucson, Nogales, Yuma. At the website you can see the various locations. I have found this helpful due to my sizes changing so rapidly and "the price is right". www.susiesdeals.com
(deactivated member)
on 2/11/06 2:20 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thats awesome I am so happy for your hubby!! ALSO Soon I will be having my Surgery (March 13th) I needed that info on Susies deals.... Thanks
Veronica
on 2/11/06 2:42 pm
Congratulations!! EJ is doing great!! I think it is sooo neat that you both get to experience all the "wow" moments together, since your having the surgery also. I'm sure my DH is not going to understand why I am going to be SOOO excited to finally fit into regular sizes. (not as much as someone who has had the surgery also). Veronica
Darlene X
on 2/11/06 10:24 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Veronica!!! Thanks!!! Yup I can't wait to have my own wow moments either---- but this one will be sweetest for Hubby. I can fit Walmart clothes, the plus size section.... he has never been able to go anywhere cheap. Im so proud of him!!!
tres35cowgirl8
on 2/11/06 4:01 pm - * _ *, AZ
that's so Great!!!! It's so cool to finaly fit in something you didnt think you could, congrats to him. there will be more WOW moments to come. I love it when it happens Teresa
Sondra J. S.
on 2/11/06 5:00 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hi, Just think Darlene, Now it's YOUR turn to have all these WOW moments with him!!!! You two are gonna be one beautiful couple, I've seen his picture and he is a handsome man, your one lucky woman, I mean I have a handsome man of my own, but you seem to care so much for E.J. (which by the way is my older brother's name) that it is just awesome to see the love in your posts for him, now that's love, I can see you've found your soulmate in him and him in you. I'm so happy for the two of you....Please let us know when you find out more about your insurance approval!!!! If you didn't have an angel, which I seen several ask you about, I would offer!!!! I think I will have my sis post on here cuz I haven't gotten an angel yet lol, Take care you two and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK E.J. AND YOU TOO DARLENE!!!! Sondra, Surgery February 26, 2006 Pre-Op February 14, 2006 Family comin in February 19, 2006 Niece's Birthday February 11, 2006 Divorce final 1 yr February 28, 2006 Would have been 11 yr ann. February 10, 2006....LMAO
Darlene X
on 2/11/06 10:22 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Ahhh Sondra!!!! You are always too sweet to me!!!!!! You have a date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY. I must have missed you posting that your insurance got approved!!! Thats aawesome!!! And so soon hehehe. Good luck girly!!!! Darlene
Tiffany McGee
on 2/11/06 11:56 pm - Glendale, AZ
WTG! EJ! Just think soon Darlene you will be joining him on this journey. Congrats to both on you! Tiff
Brandy H
on 2/12/06 2:14 am - Glendale, AZ
and it's just going to get better and better! yay EJ! brandy
Most Active