Hi everyone! should I cut my hair!!!

Texas Girl
on 2/8/06 9:58 am
HI everyone! I am wondering from OH patients that have lost their hair or are losing their hair... If cutting it short helps with hair loss or looks? I have very long hair and it is getting thin. I have not cut my hair in 10 years, so I am not crazy about the idea of short hair at all.. Please give me your input.. Connie Jones
tres35cowgirl8
on 2/8/06 9:26 pm - * _ *, AZ
Mine was short when I started and now it's down to the middle of my back I had hair lost from 3 month to 6 months. BUt if you don't like short hair don't cut it maybe a trim, high lights, do what makes you feel good. Vitamins really helped my hair grow fast 15 inches in a yr. also helps keep my neck warm lol. Teresa
mrs.3m
on 2/9/06 1:10 am - Mesa, AZ
I did cut mine. My length was about mid back and I chopped it to just above my shoulders. Best thing I could have done. I believe that the longer your hair the more that falls out because of the weight of it. (No scientific proof, just my own theory) While it still fell out after being cut, I didn't notice it as much. And I have the thought process of, "it is just hair, it will grow back" and it is.
Sheryl Tilley
on 2/9/06 3:47 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Connie! Nioxin shampoo is great for hair loss. I got mine in the beauty salon at my Wal-Mart Supercenter -- It's about $16 a bottle but worth it. Also, you can use a volumizer shampoo -- there are a lot of those in the shampoo aisles. Mine has been thinning out too but with Nioxin I have noticed a big improvement. Hugs! Sheryl -- NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't cut it!!!!
JRinAZ
on 2/9/06 7:22 am - Layton, UT
Hey Connie, Hair loss is one of the bummers of the post-op BUT can be slowed down big time by taking Biotin (inexpensive little white tablet you can get from WalMart). After 3 years, I continue to take one morning and night and have very thick hair, strong, fast growing nails and nice skin. Also, keep your protein levels (via protein drinks) up near 100 and you'll have less hair loss and just all over better general health! As for cutting it.....Treat yourself to a makeover after you've reached a target weight loss! I LOVED my new look and haven't grown my hair really long since. Joyce
Brandy H
on 2/10/06 2:25 am - Glendale, AZ
hi connie, cutting your hair is a great idea if you are experiencing hair loss as well as weight loss. cutting the hair will make it fuller, however it can make it appear fuller because the hair is not dragging down. also, if the hair is really thin on the ends then cutting a blunter cut will give the illusion of having fuller ends. and just because you are getting a haircut doesn't mean that you have to go short. a bit off the length (an in or two might be sufficient enough) and some new layers or some highlights can be the change that you are looking for. have you seen any pictures or anyone that you like their hair? if so i recommend bringing in a few pictures for your stylist and you to discuss over the consultation. if you don't have any pics picked out then i suggest showing up for your appointment 10-15 minutes or so early to be able to thumb through style books. grocery stores and book stores have a variety of modern style magazines on their magazine racks. i don't know where you live or if you have a stylist that you love. but i am a hairstylist and have been for 14 years. (since i was 17) i have been in the same salon for 7 years and i love what i do and i am very good at it. if you are interested in coming to see me drop me an email...this by all means is not a solicitation...just trying to be helpful. brandy
pufftobuff
on 2/10/06 1:36 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Last week I read in Elle magazine about a new trend in hair cutting called "Fly Cutting". It is trendy on the west coast as it ads lots of body and has a fuller and free-wild-like look--very sexy. The price is too. You have to look around at your high end salons--probably Scottsdale as the stylist must use a special scisro that has 10--yeah--ten blades that cuts all at once--so they have to have learned this technique. Check out the Elle Magazine with the picture on Scarlet Johannson on it--it is in there. If you opt for going short than keep the sides longer and go frisky and spiky in the back and put some fun loving highlisghts through it and make it look sexy-messy.
Most Active