My app't didn't go so well -

Sheryl Tilley
on 2/8/06 4:48 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! I had surgery on Oct. 28th. I thought I was doing pretty good -- now down 56 pounds. I had my 3 month checkup yesterday and Dr. Juarez said I should have been down 80 by now. So I have to kick up the exercise another notch. I thought 56 was great - now not so sure. I'm bummed. Hugs! Sheryl
mrs.3m
on 2/8/06 5:08 am - Mesa, AZ
80 pounds in 3 months!!! Is he crazy!!! I think 56 is great and sounds on track. I think I was down around 50 at the 3 month mark. I am sorry, I think he is wrong. Kicking up the exercise can't hurt but do not feel like you have done anything wrong.
Trisha
on 2/8/06 7:02 am - Glendale, AZ
OMG! He must've had you confused with a barbie doll or something because 80 pounds in 3 months is a LOT and way above average. 56 lbs lost in 3 months is great, Sheryl!!! Wow, I'd be too if dr said that to me after 3 months of great progress. Sorry he said that. Please don't believe him. Believe us. 56 lbs is AWESOME, Sheryl!!!!! You are doing everything right and are doing a great job!! Please turn your upside down . We are here for you and are rooting for you 100%!!! Keep up the good work! Trisha
Darlene X
on 2/8/06 7:12 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't think I agree either! 80lbs in 3 months is a little steep.... especially when your not a man, and you didnt start off 200-300lbs overweight!!! Your doing great Sheryl
Trisha
on 2/8/06 7:34 am - Glendale, AZ
I had over 200 lbs to lose as a pre-op (376 lbs) and I didn't lose 80 pounds in 3 months. I think I was at 67 or 70 lbs in 3 months, and I had much more than you to lose. So I don't know what Dr. J is talking about. How baffling. But 56 lbs is GRRRRREAT, Sheryl!!!!!! Trisha
FakeBake
on 2/8/06 7:50 am - AZ
Sheryl, Don't be bummed, You are doing great! I am 4 1/2 months out and I'm now -85 pounds! that does seem real extreme for 3 months! just keep up the great work. You can DO IT!!! Hugs Tara
JRinAZ
on 2/8/06 8:29 am - Layton, UT
Sheryl, I think I would have had him repeat that number ten times just to make sure he was serious!.....Dr. Zahn gave me the goal of losing 15 pound average a month. I did a little bit more than that but at 18 months post-op it had evened out as he said it would; to AVERAGE the 15 pounds a month. >...I've heard that Dr. J does not even give people goals to get to so I'm surprised that he came up with some lame number like 80 lbs! That sounds like something possible for a very young and overweight MAN! .....I'm puting my dukes up in your behalf and saying Bah Humbug on HIM! ......Celebrate your incredible loss and have yourself a protein drink! Huggzzz, Joyce
Sheryl Tilley
on 2/9/06 4:04 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi joyce! I was told Juarez didn't do 'numbers' too! But he also said he wanted to see me at 225 at my six month appointment! Maybe he has me confused with someone else but... come to think of it he was kind of comparing me to someone else he had seen in the office earlier who was down 80 pounds! Hugs!!!! Sheryl
Sandy in Tucson
on 2/8/06 8:38 am - Tucson, AZ
Talk to Janelle the nuitritionist at St. Lukes. You may be eating to many carbs or fats and not realize it. I register everything with fitday.com cd I bought. There is no guessing on the fats you eat or the carbs you eat when you use fit day.com. I pd about $30 for it.....the most valuable tool out there....to keep the weight coming off steadily. I never eat processed food. I cook everything from scratch. Exercise is important, I agree....but eating the right foods and the right amounts of the foods is more important. I never exercised till I got 100 lbs off at 6 months. But, what I did do is use fitday.com religiously. I was upset several times when entering into fitday.com the food I ate was all wrong....and I thought is was so wonderful...turned out it was full of fats or bad carbs. Until you see the pie graphs of how bad some so called "good" food is...then you can not realize why your not losing weight as fast as Dr. wants you to. I also drink Unjury protein...or liquid Isopure...approx. 75-100 grams of supplements per day. Sandy 170 lbs down
Sheryl Tilley
on 2/9/06 3:43 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Sandy! Sometime back you mentioned fitday.com Cd so I bought one and have been using it. I love it! Everything I am doing is really good according to the CD. So happy for you with your loss! You look great! Hugs! Sheryl
Most Active