15 months out review of WLS

Sandy in Tucson
on 2/4/06 10:42 pm - Tucson, AZ
Thinking back........... Original Post by Sandy in Tucson at 6:36 AM PST on 02/05/2006 Tucson, AZ - RNY (11/04/2004) I remember the the days immediately after I had surgery.....I had so many thoughts and fears. Would I loose? Why am I not losing fast enough? How can I do all this sipping...eating and taking vit's and still get sleep? I had so many fears and concerns. Guess what? It has all worked out. I just tried my best....I did everything, I said everything the Dr wanted out of me and more. I am now 170 lbs down. Guess what? It does work. Sure I had bad days and still do...but not many days, overall I did cheat some, I am a human...I just was ana# with this weight loss and made sure I corrected myself before things got out of hand. I am now living a new and different life than 15 months ago at 347 lbs....I am now living a normal active life. Amazing. The past 6 months I have done lots and lots of cardio exercsie since the scale was not moving at the speed I wanted it to move. Like Kathy S. posts daily say and imply...you got to move to loose. Walking a mile or so did not work for me.....so I upped it to 4-5 miles...or biking 10 miles or hiking 5 miles with a 1,000 ft elevation gain. If you stall out.....move more and presto...the scale moves. I also drink a lot protein supplements..Unjury my fav one. I also keep the calories to approx 1,200 never going below that. I am ana# but guess what....I have 170 lbs off in 15 month yesterday. I think that is good reason to ne ana# in my opinion. Going hiking with b/f today in Sabino Canyon north of Tucson....7 miles with a 1,000 ft elevation gain....going to be 85 degrees out today. I hope you all stay on track and loose every pound possible. WLS is a blessing and it does work...but you got to work the tool.....everyday and move to loose. Sandy in Tucson 170 lbs down---happy 347/177/150 This site powered by ObesityHelp.com © 2006. All content is copyrighted. No duplication without written permission. All rights reserved. Technical problems? Report them here.
Tiffany McGee
on 2/5/06 12:22 am - Glendale, AZ
Wow, that is great! Congratulations to you. Tiff!
Stephanie J.
on 2/5/06 6:45 pm - Tucson, AZ
5{Congratulations! You've lost ten more pounds than I have now! You're definitely a role model for all of us. When you were sitting on my couch depressed and still nursing your surgical wound infection the New Years after your second weight loss surgery (revision), I have to admit, I was thinking you were one of the ones who wasn't gonna make it that far with this. BOY, WAS I WRONG! The time has come to eat crow. You took the reigns and ran with the whole thing. Anaal, or whatever you want to call it, you've had your mojo going in a big way and I admire your tenacity. See you again soon - probably at the convention if I can get the time. I'm poor as a church mouse right now, though. Did you say I can get in for thirty bucks? - Stephanie
JRinAZ
on 2/6/06 1:02 am - Layton, UT
Congrats to you Sandy! That's an amazing weight loss and amazing mileage in your workout success! I too dropped a lot quickly following my WLS (-143 in 9 months) and quickly found myself at my 132 goal weight. I worked out like a maniac the first 2 years but in my 3rd year; took a career change, lost some of my motivation and gym time and had a 30 pound regain......I'ts a lifetime journey! I have regrouped and am back on track; have relost half of my regain. No magic! Just the same old thing.....EXERCISE, healthy lean protein, protein drinks, water, vites, etc. I do not count calories at present and find that if I count my protein grams, my mileage at the gym or on a hike, and my water that the rest just falls into place....or rather the extra pounds just fall off. It's not a hundred miles an hour like it was in the first 18 months but it is still possible to lose as a grad. I look forward to meeting you sometime....you are in inspiring gal! Joyce
Trisha
on 2/6/06 2:17 am - Glendale, AZ
Wow!! You are amazing, Sandy! What a transformation you have had this past year. You are doing so great and have such a great attitude. Thanks for being here and for being such a wonderful support network and friend to us all!! Trisha
Marilyn C.
on 2/7/06 10:45 am - Bullhead City, AZ
Wow, you really have done well. I will be 2 years out in March & sure have not done as well. I am struggling with the last 40 lbs that I have to lose. I will do it, I am losing the boyfriend in 2 weeks & that will go along ways in getting my head back on track & out of the wrong place it is in. Stress is a silent killer & I refuse to let someone else rule what I have gained so far in the last 2 years. I too have lost 140 lbs & would do it again in a heart beat. I will continue to lose the rest & thank you for your stroy. It helps those that are struggling to no that it all still works if we want it too. & yes it does get harder the longer you are out, so don't stop moving, becuase that is the key. Keep up the great work Sandy & thanks again for your encouraging story. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active