wisdom teeth out!

Brandy H
on 2/2/06 7:01 am - Glendale, AZ
hi arizona! i have a question....i have to get my wisdom teeth pulled next week (they are inpacted...and i am NERVOUS!) has anyone experienced getting wisdom or other teeth pulled and had any problems with the pain medicines like malabsorbtion or anything to that nature. looking to hear anyone's experiences POST OP! thanks in advance for your responses. brandy
Darlene X
on 2/2/06 7:39 am - Maricopa, AZ
Brandy!!!! Hey beautiful!!!! Funny you should mention, what a co-incidence. Hubby had to have a wisdom tooth pulled about 2 months after surgery. He was floating sooo high afterwards in the initial drugs haha. He had very little pain. They prescribed Percocet, which he broke in half and swallowed. He actually took less than they said and was very relaxed and pain free. Bottle said take 1-2, he only took 1--- heck if it was me I'd be taking 2 and having a nice relaing time hahaha. Darlene Hubby: 520/396/200 Me: Just need cardiac clearance to submit to ins.
JRinAZ
on 2/2/06 2:03 pm - Layton, UT
Brandy, I've had dental work done. Shots, gas and pills all worked great! Just explain things to your dentist just in case you have a complication so they know not to mess with intubation per extreme emergency. ....We're kind of like little virgins when it comes to gasses and such...we get reallly goofy really fast! Happy trails to you! You'll be fine! Joyce
Brandy H
on 2/2/06 9:33 pm - Glendale, AZ
hmmm thanks darlene. the oral surgeon prescribed me 3 medicines...an antibiotic, a steroid, and vicadin. i just don't want to be in pain. and i have heard horror stories. thanks for your response! brandy 357/255/??? 99.25 inches lost!!
Trisha
on 2/2/06 11:41 pm - Glendale, AZ
I had my wisdom teeth removed in highschool. I didn't have any problems. There's some pain afterwards, only because it's oral surgery, but they will give you vicoden or something like that to help with that afterwards. But again, I had mine taken out about 15 years ago, wow, so I'm sure the procedure now is much better and faster. I remember I was put out for surgery and when I woke up I was in a "recovery" area in the dentists office. Not sure how they moved me in there from a dentists chair, anyway, I had to do puddings, jellos and liquidy type food for a day or two I believe and was then fine and ready to go . You'll do fine!! Keep us posted!! Trisha
Randi D.
on 2/3/06 11:19 pm - Peoria, AZ
Trisha, You look awesome! How are things going? Randi
Brandy H
on 2/3/06 11:47 pm - Glendale, AZ
hi trisha! thanks for responding. good to see your smiley face on the boards again. i am feeling a little better about getting my teeth pulled. everyone says that vicoden will help me just fine. and heaven knows that i have LOTS of sugar free puddings/jellos and protein shake type stuff to be able to eat/drink while i can't chew on stuff. i plan on taking my pain meds, and getting rest and in my awake time watching some movies that i got for christmas that i haven't even opened yet. thanks for the post. think of me on thursday!!! OUCH! brandy
mrs.3m
on 2/2/06 11:54 pm - Mesa, AZ
I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at one time and they were impacted and it was a piece of cake. (this was pre-op) I was prescribed Vicadin but only needed 2, one right after I got home and one to help me sleep that night. After that no problems. The best thing you can do is keep an ice pack on your mouth the first 24 hours, it will help with the swelling. And follow the instructions on what you should not eat. I was nervous too, I put it off for two years due to my fear. Now I don't ever have to think about it again. Melissa
ems1211
on 2/3/06 7:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Brandy: I was just checking into the message board & saw this from yesterday. I had all 4 of mine taken out at the same time & they too were impacted. It was 25 yrs ago, when I was 19. My Mom came in, woke me up, and said "here, chew this". It was a piece of gum. I'm thinking she is OUT OF HER MIND. It was one of the things the Oral Surgeon put on the paper to do for after care. I swear. That made all the difference in the world. I actually went out shopping a few hours later. It loosens up your jaws and it's amazing. I've had several other people do this & they also were amazed. Best wishes. Susan
Most Active