Feb 11th Hike/Picnic for ALL

JRinAZ
on 2/1/06 2:02 am - Layton, UT
I pullled this off the WLSST (AZ support site). I'm planning on attending and hope y'all can join us! Joyce ********************************* Arizona WLS Buds...join us for a FUN day at the lake..picnic and trail hike!! WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 11th WHERE: Saguaro Lake From the Valley, travel northeast on Arizona 87 (the Beeline Hwy). Between mile markers 199 and 200, turn south on Forest Road 204 (the Bush Highway). Drive South (several miles) past mile marker 31 (Just past the tub rental place) and turn right onto Saguaro Lake Rd - which is the entrance to Sagurao Lake Recreation and Marina. Go past the pay booth, stay to the left past the boat ramp area you will see picnic tables along the lake side. TIME: 11:00 AM FACILITIES: Restrooms, covered picnic area, grills... all at picnic area with lakeside view. (Look for balloons to find WLS group) FOOD: Each person is responsible to bring food for your own family...if you want to bring something to share with the group that is okay too. ADMISSION: $4 - there will be a stop and pay machine just before you get to the picnic table area TRAIL: Saguaro Lake Vista Trail - beautiful view of lake and 4 peaks DIFFICULTY: Easy - incline to top of Vista (I did this and have never trailed before) LENGTH: Approximately 1.5 miles (this is a guess) In case you get lost or have a question feel free to contact me at 480-250-9198; Also park ranger number 480-610-3300. Hope you can join us!! Even if you don't want to do the trail come out for some relaxation and conversation with you WLS buds while taking in the beautiful Arizona blue skies and the scenic lakeside!!!! Pam Shepherd-Chandler Support Group ([email protected])
Most Active