Lost my job last week

Randi D.
on 1/31/06 1:42 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi everyone, I haven't been on the boards lately because I have been so depressed. I lost my job last Wednesday. I kind of had a feeling it was coming because I had a problem with my manager. I am now looking for a new job. I have a phone interview tomorrow, so I am hopeful. This job would pay a bit more than what I was making previously. The only drawback would be I may have to go out of town for 2 weeks. I have two cats and two dogs, so I will need to find someone who can watch them. If I can drive, I will take the pooches with me, but if I have to fly, I will have to think of something. Wish me luck! One good thing though is that I no longer eat when I am depressed. Randi
Darlene X
on 1/31/06 9:32 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Randi! Sorry to hear that news. What kind of position are you looking for and what kind of pay range? Maybe someone here can help. Where in AZ you located? Darlene
Randi D.
on 2/1/06 12:06 am - Peoria, AZ
Darlene, I am looking for something in customer service, but would like something in writing/editing. I have a masters in English as well as a Paralegal Cerificate. I live in Peoria and am looking for 35K or higher. Randi
JRinAZ
on 2/1/06 2:07 am - Layton, UT
Sorry to hear of your job loss Randi! My DH was laid off after the Holidays and we have been knocked for a loop too! He didn't expect it.....it seems the offshore workers won yet another U.S. job position! Anyway...good luck with your phone interview. It sounds like you are certainly qualified to rake in at least 35K but I suspect much more! .....We can only have faith that a better door will be opened! Hugzzzz, Joyce P.S. My DH is a Project Manager in I.T......in case any kind soul has an inside scoop that could help! Thanks!
Laurel_M
on 2/2/06 4:27 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Have you contacted Kerry's Refferels or the other legal placement agencies? My husband just finished law school and has done some temp work while in school but I know they do long term placemnts too.
Trisha
on 2/2/06 11:49 pm - Glendale, AZ
I'm so sorry, Randi. I don't blame you for being depressed. I'd be depressed too. But everything happens for a reason and this may just be a blessing in disguise. Your next job will be better than the one you had and you will excel there and grow there. Keep us posted on your interview/job search progress. I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts because I know this is a tough time. Not fun, but hang in there. Glad you posted. Again, I am so sorry about your job. But you'll find a better one soon. And as for your previous company - it's THEIR loss. They don't know what they are missing. You are a wonderful person! Trisha
Marilyn C.
on 2/4/06 10:32 am - Bullhead City, AZ
Hey Randi, Sorry about the lost job, it turns out that I also lost mine last week. So I am also in the job market. Everything happens for a reason, haven't figured out what mine is yet, but, I knwo it will all work out. Good Luck with the interview & hope you & I are both back working soon. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Randi D.
on 2/4/06 2:20 pm - Peoria, AZ
Marilyn, I'm so sorry. It's such a bummer. I am registered with OfficeTeam, and I am hoping they will find something temporary. I really want to do freelance writing and web design, but everyone wants a programmer or someone who is already published. I guess I have to write an article and then publi**** before I can get a freelance job. Good luck, Randi
Tiffany McGee
on 2/5/06 9:23 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Randi - I hope this post isn't late - If you are into data entry and just finding ajob to fill the gap. The Company I work for is always hiring personel to preform data entry, audits, etc. I know they are currently looking for Production Controllers. A production Controller work in a Production Booth and inputs data into a program called Majic. Also audit the paperwork on the boards. The company is called TIMCO Aviation and is located in Goodyear (which is southwest of Phoenix). I live at like 83rd and Glendale & it takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to get there. The pay isn't the greatest, but I heard that they have been working with people lately. They take applications at the security office and through Manpower in Avondale. If you have any questions you can email me. HOpe that helps?
Most Active