Pre-Admission Testing Tommorrow!

DCampbell2k
on 1/30/06 5:30 am - El Mirage, AZ
Boy am I nervous! I've read so much about the horrors of the arterial blood gas test! I'm excited that my surgery is getting so close though, and this is the last big step! I also got my three cashiers checks worth $25,500 today to take tommorrow! What should I expect during the testing? The letter explaining it just mentioned the blood gas test and x-rays and a physical. Is that everything? I'm sure it varies from place to place some.
Sheryl Tilley
on 1/30/06 9:55 am - Prescott, AZ
hi Duane! The test isn't that bad. It's really like a regular blood test only they take it from that artery in your wrist that heads up toward your thumb. I had to get one of those barium drink tests so they could look around in my guts. You're going to do so well -- REALLY!!! Sheryl
JRinAZ
on 1/31/06 12:19 am - Layton, UT
Exciting! One giant step closer to the big event! Yay!.....If it helps any Duane, I am 3 years post-op and don't even remember the blood gas thing! Believe, me the things that were unpleasant about the surgery are in my memory banks forever! LOL! Huggzzz, Joyce
Texas Girl
on 1/31/06 8:56 am
You"ll do great! before you know the Big day will be here! Connie
DCampbell2k
on 1/31/06 9:46 am - El Mirage, AZ
I don't know why I was so worried! Everything went terriffic today! The blood gas wasn't too bad except for the guy had to try 3 times to find my artery. . lol Ah well! I love Barix Clinics, everyone there is so nice and make you feel completely comfortable. Plus they gave me a huge binder of information and recipes and things I will need. Thanks for all the support heading into today, it made the day that much easier!
Most Active