Phoenix metro group is rising from the ashes. . . .

nursekuba
on 1/27/06 3:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hello, everyone. I was part of a Phoenix WLS group that died after the last meeting right before Thanksgiving. Our leader apparently had some problems or whatever and stopped the meetings. I have been consulting with some former members and we are restarting the group. If anyone is interested, our first meeting is February 4th (Saturday) at 10 am at Banner Estrella Medical Center. This hospital is in the Tolleson area. However, we are planning to change to different locations on occasion, so all the meetings won't necessarily be in that same place. I am planning on two meetings per month, on the first and third Saturdays of the month like this group was before. Anyone who has had or is considering any type of WLS is welcome. And, as a special celebration of starting the group again, I am contributing a door prize that we will have a drawing for at this meeting, with an approximate value of $30. I hope to see BOTH old and new faces at this meeting. It will be fun. If you would like any more information, please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks!
JRinAZ
on 1/28/06 12:18 am - Layton, UT
Yay! I"m so excited for you and others! I will cross post your note to the other AZ support sites that I am on so the word can get out! ....an FYI....Last year the Chandler group started a "Spring Fling" which was a bit like an adult Prom. It was a huge success and folks joined us from Tucson, Globe, Flag and all over the valley. This year the Mesa support group is hosting it. Stay tuned for details but we hope it will turn into a giant support bash like last year! We made it a potluck, casual to formal wear (though most came in formal wear), we had a D.J. and a photographer, several door prizes had been donated and we also had a Prom Queen and King voted on by the groups....it included awards like: Most Athletic Man/Woman, (I got that one! LOL! Yay!), most supportive man/woman, Most changed for the positive man/woman.....anyway, you get the picture! I hope your group is a BIG success....we all need as much support as possible! Hugggzzz, Joyce
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/06 8:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
Nurse Kuba - thanks for starting the WLS group again. Any chance it will be back @ the Metrocenter Library location? Tolleson is too far for me. How long will you be holding the sessions for? 1 or 2 hours? Thanks again!
nursekuba
on 1/28/06 2:08 pm - Phoenix, AZ
We are planning to switch locations from time to time. It may wind up back at the library at some point. I hadn't thought about how long it will last--it depends on how it goes, I suppose.
*Malena* M.
on 2/1/06 9:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am really interested in joining the support group. I am almost 6 months out and have yet to attend one. What other information do you have about it?
nursekuba
on 2/2/06 10:18 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Malena. At our first meeting on Saturday we will talk more about things we want to do, etc. This is a good way to meet others who have had WLS and talk about what you are doing and what works. It's a good place to ask questions and everything. Our first meeting is at Banner Estrella at 10 AM in meeting room 1. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested and I will invite you into our yahoo group. Thanks.
Laurel_M
on 2/2/06 4:08 pm - Goodyear, AZ
I am so glad I found this post, its just what i'm looking for and its close. Thanks!
Most Active