Post-Op Excitement

Darlene X
on 1/25/06 9:25 pm - Maricopa, AZ
This is actually Darlene's hubby EJ. I have been looking forward to haveing some excitement this summer and beyond. There are a number of things I haven't been able to do before and I would really love to do some crazy things as soon as I get below 250 lbs or so. Are there some things that any of you have been doing for the first time? I was thinking it would be fun to get a group (small or large) together to go out and do some of these things. EJ
Sandy in Tucson
on 1/26/06 1:16 pm - Tucson, AZ
I hike about every week...now. There is some exciting 5 mile hikes in the Superstitions....Sandy in Tucson
Stephanie J.
on 1/26/06 2:14 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey there, EJ!, Sandy's right. Don't wait for some magic number. Get out there and start doing it. What are some of the things you've been thinking about? I think I'll still be passing on the bunjie jumping and the death drop at the county fair, but I took great joy in being able to get on all the rides the last time I took the kids. I recommend hiking too. Especially this time of the year, it's really beautiful out in the wilderness. - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 1/26/06 3:51 pm - Maricopa, AZ
not quite ready for a long hike yet, mabye by the end of summer. I have been wanting to meet people that would like to participate in some water sports.
JRinAZ
on 1/31/06 12:47 am - Layton, UT
Hey E.J., Congrats on your weight loss and congrats on your attitude of making the most of this journey! ... I am 3 years post-op and have become a workout maniac. I have done some fun hiking in Utah, Idaho, MOntana, Wyoming and Arizona. I always make my hiking decision based on Water Falls. I have hiked to some of the most stunning waterfall in the world! It's so rewarding to have something incredible at the top of the workout!....I've done some river rafting in Idaho and Wyoming and have added some small walking races to my agenda. I have a list of extreme sports that I want to get to but they involve finances that I dont' have right now! .....Our support group in Chandler (not far from you guys) does some different outings. We have walked the malls in the hot summer, done some rowing at Tempe Town Lakes, gone on hikes in the WHite Mountains and other places and do some family type outings quite often. On the 11th, we will be walking the scenic loop of Saguaro Lake and having a potluck picnic. YOu and you sweetie pie are definiitely invited. Good luck with yoiur journey! Joyce
Most Active