can you tell if you stretched your pouch?

Debbie E.
on 1/24/06 11:30 am - Surprise, AZ
I am now 4 month post op and I swear when the Doctor did my last endoscopy he dilated me much bigger than I should be. I mean, I have no problem digesting any food that I try. Certain foods I can eat more than others though I try and keep the portion size to 6 oz. I seem to be able to eat that much. Is this normal? I am so nervous that if I stretched the pouch how would I know and what could I do? I am loosing which is a good thing but still it is nerve racking. Any advise from my fellow OH members?
Stephanie J.
on 1/25/06 1:42 pm - Tucson, AZ
Don't stress out. It sounds like you're doing just fine. Just keep your intake under control and watch to eat the right things and obey the pouch rules. You'll do well. - Stephanie J
Debbie E.
on 1/25/06 10:06 pm - Surprise, AZ
Thank you Stephanie for responding. Well, I will keep your advise in mind. I quess I was used to the beginning when you could not eat more that those 2 to 4 oz. of food at a time. I just never want to gain this weight back again. Thanks again.
moirap
on 1/26/06 11:52 am - Mesa, AZ
I am almost 2 years out and some days I take in 1500 calories and I am so hungry and other days I take in 6-700 calories and have no desire to eat. Some days I feel a bit bloated and dont want to eat that much. Every day I put my food in fitday so I won't get out of control. I don't know how to explain why this happens. Good luck you'll do great.
Debbie E.
on 1/26/06 9:56 pm - Surprise, AZ
Thanks Moira, I am going to look at that fitday.com. Your comments struck home because some days I feel hungry which I try to control and some days I could care less if I ate. Once I get back to water aerobics next Tuesday I think I will do better. I had 6 sutures from my back removed yesterday so I should be fine for my next class. Thanks again
Most Active