Cleaning my hair out of the drain!

Texas Girl
on 1/23/06 7:12 am
Well it is happening, I am 18 weeks out and I am cleaning my hair out of the drain! My hair is one of the things I like most about myself... but I will keep sucking down protien and taking my vitamins! I would appreciate others experience with this. I have had long hair for 10 plus years, do not look forward to a short hair cut... thanks for your help... Connie Jones
lemarie22
on 1/23/06 10:56 am - Glendale, AZ
Connie, This too shall pass. I lost handfuls of hair until about the 7th month. At about month 6, I broke up with my boyfriend and took great comfort knowing that he'd probably never get all of my hair out of his house. lol I cut my hair to above my shoulders and kept it there for a while and it looked much better. Just when you think you're going to be completely bald, it will stop falling out and grow back just as beautiful as before. The Other Connie
nursekuba
on 1/23/06 10:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Well, I've been taking biotin for quite some time and it seems like my excessive hair loss has stopped recently. Whether it's related to the biotin, I don't know. I'm continuing to take it though. I was fortunate that I have a lot of hair so the hair loss wasn't excessive enough to be noticible. If only I had lost it from other areas! I'm working on laser hair removal on my chin/upper lip right now and I'm 3 treatments into this. It seems to be helping some. Good luck to you, Connie.
mrs.3m
on 1/24/06 12:07 am - Mesa, AZ
I started taking extra folic acid when it started falling out. Multi's come with 800 mgs and I took an extra 800 mgs. I had regrowth while it was still falling out.
Brandy H
on 1/24/06 3:04 am - Glendale, AZ
hi connie, the advice i give daily. (as i am a professional!) take a supplement with biotin. (can be found at drug stores or at hi-health/gnc stores) flax seed vitamins will help also, and NIOXIN shampoo, conditioner and scalp therapy works wonders they also have a supplement. brush your hair when its dry. comb your hair when it is wet. these things work. i promise. brandy
FakeBake
on 1/30/06 4:46 am - AZ
Connie, I haven't been on the website in a while, but just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry to hear about your hair! Mine is still falling out, but thankfully I have lots of hair so its hard for people to even notice. I sure hope it stops falling out soon, I'm soooo damn tired of it, it gets all over my clothes, my bed, everything! I have been taking Biotin and zinc before surgery, thinking that It might help! I have been trying to get in my proteins, guess I could be better at that! On a brighter side, I am down 82 pounds.. WHOOO, I just can't believe it, I am now wearing a size 18 it feels so darn good! Other than your hair, how have you been doing? hope all is well, your Loser freind Tara!
Most Active