Support group

judsad
on 1/22/06 11:37 pm - Peoria, AZ
I am looking for a support group that I can join. I know that St Lukes and some other hosp. have such groups, but I had my surgery in Mexico and would like to find a group that I can join. I need one that meets either during the day M-Th. or Weekends. Anyone have any infor for me?? Judy 285/228
JRinAZ
on 1/23/06 1:49 am - Layton, UT
Judy, I dont' know of any daytime groups right now. I know there are a bunch of of us that get to gether on occasion to walk and maybe do lunch or a movie but we don't have a regular time. Next time we have something I'll post and see if you'd like to join us. The groups that I know about are: WestSide - 1st and 3rd Monday evenings Mesa - 1st and 3rd Thursday evenings Chandler-2nd and 4th Tuesday evenings There was a Phoenix group that met the 1st Saturday of evening month but that's the one that Trisha was doing and she's disappeared? Let me know if you need more details on any of the groups (addresses, directions) Good luck! Joyce AZ support on-line: [email protected] [email protected]
nursekuba
on 1/23/06 9:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
There's a group at Banner Good Sam that is not doctor or hospital specific, but I'm not sure when they meet. Anyone who has had WLS can go to those meetings. I'm working on trying to get a group going again here in Phoenix that was run by Trisha. I'm hoping we can get that going. Once I know the info I will let you know.
nursekuba
on 1/23/06 10:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey, Judy. I'm looking at having a meeting for the rebirth of the Phx WLS group we had before possibly on February 4th. My email address is [email protected]. Please email me your address and I'll add you to the roster of possible members if you're interested! Thanks.
kmastin
on 1/23/06 1:24 pm - Phoenix, AZ
There is a group in Scottsdale that meets the 1st Monday and 3td Wed. of the month, but in the evenings. Let me know if you would like more info on them. Karen
JRinAZ
on 1/24/06 12:52 am - Layton, UT
Hey Karen and Nurse Kuba (don't know your name?) Could you give the support site details as well as the meeting details so I can cross post on WLSST and AZWLS. I"m sure there are others from those sites that would like a place near them for support. Thanks! Joyce Chandler WLS Support Facilitator
kmastin
on 1/24/06 10:03 am - Phoenix, AZ
The ones I know about in Scottsdale are held at the Scottsdale Shea hospital, 91st St. and Shea. They are on the 1st Monday and 3rd Wed. of the month, from 6-8.
Do-over Girl
on 1/25/06 3:48 am - Tempe, AZ
FYI...the group that meets at Scottsdale Shea hospital is just for Scottsdale Bariatric patients/Dr. Blackstone etc. both pre and post op.
Stephanie J.
on 1/25/06 1:30 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Judy, Any chance you could share with us your experience with having surgery in Mexico? Where did you go? Did you like your doctor? Lap band or RNY? Did you save a lot of money? I'm interested in knowing, mainly because I know so many people who are without insurance and can't afford to get surgery here. It would be nice to be able to refer them to someone who is a known quantity in Mexico. - Stephanie J
judsad
on 1/26/06 1:25 am - Peoria, AZ
Hey Stephanie, I had a great experience in Mexico. I went to Ensenada to Dr. Aguirre, he is listed on the Obesityhelp Web site. His assistant Rosella was wonderful and took such good care of me. The cost was 10,000 but well worth every penny. I stayed at an apartment that Rosella got for me, and had a personal driver to take me around. I recommend anyone checking out his profile on this website.
Most Active