Scared...Need Help!!!

chihmom6
on 1/25/06 8:04 am - Chandler, AZ
Denise, What surgery did you have? 90#'s in 1 yr is pretty darn good, IMO. I had lapband surgery with dr blackstone 09/27/04, and have lost 74 lbs to date. Do I wish I had lost more, yes, but I do realize that everyone's journey is different and everyone's body is different. I too stalled at the 1 yr mark. Your body will go thru plateaus as it doesn't want to give up the weight. You just have to keep working at it and the weight will come off. Are you only doing sit ups? I would try getting in more cardio. The hardest thing for me to do is exercise, but this last 1/2 of my weight is just not going to come off without it. I finally purchased a treadmill, and I have seen a marked difference since I have started using it. Are you still going in every month? Again, not sure which surgery you had, so not sure if you see Melissa or Randy. I would address your concerns with them and maybe meet with Cassie to go over eating habits and see if there is something she can suggest to get you over the plateau. Start keeping a food journal. You may be eating more than you realize and maybe eating things that you may not realize. I keep a food journal and it really helps me keep track of what I eat, when I eat and my emotional state as I ate. These are all things you need write down in your food journal. As a previous poster stated there are twice monthly support groups at the hospital. They are always great and you can learn alot from others who have had the same surgery and been in the same spot. You need to quit your negative thinking and realize what a huge accomplishment you have made. You have lost almost a whole person in the last year!! WOW!!! That is amazing. You are anything but a failure and you need to realize that. Don't sabatoge yourself by believingt that you have failed, because you haven't. Don't compare yourself to others. You are unique and your weight loss and journey will be unique to you. So, to sum things up: 1) keep a food journal 2) keep up with your monthly appointments 3) address your concerns with Randy/Melissa 4) email or set up an appointment to talk to Cassie, 5) attend the monthly support groups. You will succeed! Rachael 270/293/130
Most Active