That darn junk food!

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/06 11:01 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone! Just wanted to know if anyone else is dealing with 'forbidden' food issues lately? Ever since Thanksgiving it has been so hard to get back on track - Ive gone over to the 'dark' side, and I cant get back! Ive discovered that I can eat just about anything now (6 months post op) and this scares the heck out of me!!!! Now the sugar cravings are back, and I am eating junk on a daily basis! I know I need to stop - but the old food demons are hard to ignore! Everyone was right, you need to prepare for the time when the appetite comes back and be ready to fight it. I feel like Iam losing this battle with junk foods. I have shed 101 lbs since my surgery in June, and I dont want to start gaining it all back. But at the rate Im going, it may be a possibility. I know what I need to do, its just so hard getting back to the right mindset and motivation. I could use some helpful suggestions if anyone has any. Thank you.
cynthia E.
on 1/17/06 5:46 am - buckeye, AZ
Debra; I hear you. I feel the exact same way. I did some research and discoved it very common especially around that time of the month. I finally figured out a way to trick myself. I try to find snacks that have the sweat taste but have low fat/sugar with protein. kashi has a banana/almond cereal. Works great! I love the sugar free creme saver hard candy (strawberries & creme). I love oreo's so I bought the ziplock snack bags. I put 2 cookies in a bag and that is my snack. I bought the oreo's in the serving size. 6 to one package. I get 3 treats out of one bag. I had to tell my mind that 2 cookies is plenty and it seems to work. For drinks I have found the Tropicana sugar free lemonage or orange. Doesn't have the fizz but drinking out of the can sure helps. I like the ocean spray light cranberry/grape juice. It has 10 grams of sugar for 8 oz. I drink about 6 oz in the morning. Hope this helps. cynthia
Wendella
on 1/19/06 5:54 am - Mesa, AZ
Try carmel rice cakes! In the last 2 weeks I can not tell you how many I have eaten and I have come to love oranges!
Most Active