Seminar time....

Darlene X
on 1/12/06 2:57 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well Im off to my seminar at St Lukes!!! YAY I'll fill ya in, if there is anything of interest when I get back
Darlene X
on 1/12/06 7:12 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ah well, nothing fun... just the same ole.... Long and mostly boring. It was kind of interesting to see everyones questions.... seemed like most hadnt researched much at all, maybe this was their first step. I feel like after 8-9 months or so hanging around here and seeing EJ go through it all, that I know a lot. Only new piece of info was Dr Fang had another pateint die since last seminar in July 05. His count was only 1 at that time (Stroke, not surgery related), today the count was 2 (Blood Clot--- 1 month after surgery). Im still very happy with his expertise and his mortality stats are very low. They gave an honorable mention to this website, so maybe we'll have a few new commers. Seemed like there were a few from Tucson and they were trying to find support groups, so the nutritionist suggested coming here. Anyway, my appt with Dr Fang is Monday--- so until then
moirap
on 1/12/06 7:28 am - Mesa, AZ
Sometimes complications happen (i feel like the complication Queen) but it is really a very small percentage that dont make it. They do so much testing pre-op in effort to avoid complications. I would do it again in a heartbeat. My life has improved tremendously. Over all, all my medical issues have improved. Dr fang and his office is very good. I know you will do great. You already have so much experience with your husband going through the surgery. I feel a good support system is very important. Good luck.....
Marilyn C.
on 1/14/06 1:02 am - Bullhead City, AZ
Hey Darlene, I never let the complications guide my decision. Yes there are always some out there. We no that, but, the advantages always out weigh the disadvantages by a long shot. it all worth it. You will be so much smaller & healthier it will win over anything else. You will be just fine & do well. Let us no when you get schedule for your surgery. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active